• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If you haven't already

DTro

I'd recommend you bike dudes take a couple hours and watch the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian". It been out for quite a while, but I just watched it tonight.

What a great and inspiring movie.

When I was a kid, our neighbor, Howard, had a couple Indians.

Howard fired up one of the bikes. Apparently it was in gear and the throttle was stuck. It drug him through a hedge, a raspberry patch and came to a stop about 20 yards later when an apple tree jumped in the way. I probably wasn't in school yet, so my memory after that is foggy but I think he didn't have the bikes around much longer after that.

In addition to those great films I recommend checking out a couple new documentaries: "Faster" and "The Doctor, The Tornado, and The Kentucky Kid". These two films do an excellent job of showcasing the absolute bleeding edge of motorcycle technology as well as the exceptional athletes who are skilled and brave enough to ride the machines. Excellent camera work is complimented by Ewan McGregor's enthusiastic and passionate narration. Both can be had from Amazon or NetFlix.

If you like cross country riding and adventure, I HIGHLY recommend "The Long Way Round" Starring Ewan MacGregor and Charlie Boorman, these lads decide they will ride from London to New York City...the long way, heading East!!! Cool doucumentary, it was actally a min-series that showed in the UK, and here in the states on one of the outdoor channels.

Very funny at times, very INSPIRING, made me get off me arse and take my 6000 mile trip in 2006. Not quite as brutal as their trip was...20,000 miles or so, but an adventure none the less!

You wont find it at your video store, but they are all over hsolist and at most bike shops.

Originally Posted By: dtro

What a great and inspiring movie.

Youre dead on dtro,one of my favorite movies of all time.

man the guy forged his own pistons for cripes sake!! and its all a true story. I love tinkering in the garage with my old harley and allways try to find a way to fix something myself with odds or ends I have on hand if its not too big a deal. I allways think what would good ol Burt Munro do?

and I loved his side of the road trailer fix, shows the simple genuis of the man and how he didnt think like the average guy.