• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

when to get bikes out?

tipup

Ok so I was just wondering what everyones thoughts were on the first time to get the bike out for the year? I go with the 2 rain fall idea, as that should pretty much clean up the sand and salt. Anyone else have their own little way of deciding?

I don't take mine out until we have at least one good hard rain to wash down the salt and I try to make sure the sand is swept up or washed down. That salt can really raise heck with the alum. wheels.

once the temps start getting above 35 degrees I get mine out. untill the first good rain I just limit it to a few quick putts around the neighborhood. I take it easy and dont really lean the bike over or go above 35-40MPH. after a good rain then I start to ride it normally

After some good rains to wash out the salt, and a dry enough spell to dry out my gravel road. I really don't enjoy making ruts in the road with two wheels.

Whenever "it is time" to shuffle all of my winter stuff to the back of the garage and unbury all my summer stuff.

Is it only me, or does everyone enjoy garage shuffling? I know it ends up being an all day / weekend endeavor however, It doesn't even feel like you are working.

There is so much ice time left, that I can't even think about getting my bike out until accessing a lake is impossible. When this happens "it is time" to do the garage shuffle. grin.gif

CA

Ah yes, the garage shuffle. I know it well. The day all the winter stuff gets shoved to the back of the garge, and the summer stuff gets taken out, washed, and fired up.

I love garage shuffle day. It's coming soon. Just yesterday evening I was out cleaning up the backyard a bit. I have a 68 Fury 3 that I parked out back for the winter. Just to see what would happen, I jumped in and turned the key. 3 seconds worth of cranking and it fired right up!!!!! Yes, garage shuffle day is coming soon!!!