• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

need a salvage boat place phone

fishinphyl

Question

8 answers to this question

Thanks Ed - found it. FYI it is universal boatmotor salvage in WF. Not a good day.
We went to Pelican and drove around lake we were straight across the lake from the landing when the engine blew. Used the trolling motor, but waves were so high it was tough going. Got to other side and trolling motor would not steer but prop was turning. The battery was charged up and is new and we had only used it for an hour. Of course the battery check gauge did not work when I bought it and had not had time to take it in yet. So I am off to the repair shop with the trolling motor and looking for parts for the big one. Caught 4 fish in about an hour of fishing - nothing to write home about.

------------------
Phyl

My husband said he tried someone in Shakopee but they did not have it. I am not sure who he tried but will give this to him. We did find one in Fargo for $1500 I think he said. But he is still looking. Thanks for all your help.

------------------
Phyl

Fishinphil, for $ 1000 I'll give you mine..... wink.gif
If you let me know which motor size you have, I can lookup on hsolist for you if they have one in good conditions.

There are 3 gear ratios, for V8s, 6 cylinders, and 4 cylinders, and you cannot interchange them.

Also what happened to your old one ?

Thanks.

Val

Thanks Valv but I think he found one. We were going across the lake and it went varoooom and that was that. We took it to the guy that works on it and he opened it up and the gears were fried. Thank goodness the trolling motor got us home.

------------------
Phyl