• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS recommendation ?

Question

I'm in the market for a low to mid priced GPS unit for my boat. I don't do allot of fishing on big water, but thought the GPS would come in handy for finding the hot spots on some of the lake maps and take me right (or close) to them instead of using the depth finder to hunt them down. More fishing & less looking !!!

I've been looking at the Garmin GPS12, the Magellan 315 and the Lowrance global map 100. Any suggestions on which of these is better and why ?

I would sincerely appreciate any recommendations or comments !

Thanks ---

3 answers to this question

Westy 57,

If the hand held is what you are looking for I have the Garmin 12. Seems to be an adequate unit. If you are looking for a mounted fishing unit you mioght be in luck I have an Eagle Accumap GPS for sale. See my post here.

http://fishingminnesota.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/001265.html

First $250 takes. Its real nice. I bought a new X-15 and dont need the unit anymore but woulkd recomenfd to many.

vikes40for60