Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Icemandu

Minnkota trade value

I have two trolling motors that I would like to know the general price of if I tried to trade or sell. The first is a bow mount Minnkota Maxxum. This one has 75 lbs of thrust. I am not sure on the shaft length, but it is fairly long, as it has no problems in choppy water. The second is a transom mount Minnkota Riptide. I beleive this one is somewhere around 70 lbs of thrust. They are set up as 24V trolling motors. I am looking at trading both of these for one trolling motor, either an autopilot, or foot control motor bow mount. Scheels, in Wisconsin, offered somehwere between $300 and $425 for both for trade in value, dependent upon what shape they were in (I just asked what they thought the trade in value would be). What do you think? What should I be looking to get if I sold these outright? Does anyone have good thingx to say about the Autopilots? Thanks.

Depending on the age, you should be able to get between $500 and $600 if you sell them yourself. You've got $1100 worth of motors there. Maxxum hand 74lbs thrust new $649, Riptide transom 74lbs thrust new $499.

These motors can't be that old since I think they just came out with the maxxum and riptide three years ago. This being the case I would take them into a Minn Kota service rep and have them gone through. I know the Maxxum carries a three year warranty, if it's a hand control and you have used it a lot the control disk in the handle probably could be replaced. Does it seem to not come on at different spots of the dial?? There is a round disk that controls the infinate speed after alot of use this becomes worn and your motor will not come on and run smooth through out the whole diameter. If you have the receipts or you regestered them, get them in and checked before the warranty runs out. This will be a major selling point for you!!

[This message has been edited by Fishin'Bemidji (edited 07-19-2002).]

Sorry for the confusion. There is no problems with the motors, I just haven't used the Riptide, and the Maxxum is controlled only by hand. I was looking at using the money gained from selling or trading these to get a foot-controlled Minnkota, or Minnkota Autopilot.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Icemandu