• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Let me be the 1st

The_King48

WOW, the Vision!!! Liquid cooled, V-Twin, light weight, great handling...Yamaha made some "Visionary" bikes back in the early 80's....and they all tanked. I had a Seca 650, shaft drive with lots of cool styling, great handling..I drug my knee for the first time ever on that bike. The old 900 Seca was AWESOME and they sold, like 3 of them in the States. Their Turbo was the best of the Turbo bikes. And the 750 Seca was the first real "computer" bike.

Ahhhh...the "80's...when 750's became 700's because of HD's issues...and we all thought the "Superbike" was going to be banned into oblivion! And what do we have today? 170 HP, 400 pound ROCKETS!!!! YEAH BABY!!!!

06' Kaw 900 Classic. Wife has a 06' 750 Shadow. Hey Tipup, I think your gonna be looking for a new seat if you ride alot. Really like the bike, but the seat is really hard on the hind quarters after about 45 mins. I'm looking into gel pads now. My 97' Shadow Spirit 1100 was a real nice ride for the long haul.

If you want the ultimate in seat/long ride comfort, look into a sheepskin seat pad/cover. Google "Alaska Sheepskin" and check out what Barb has to offer. I did 6000 miles on a stock XR650 seat with a sheepskin and never even needed to pull my shorts out of my you know what!

DEFINATELY cheaper and more comfy then replacing your stock seat.

I wouldn't exactly call the Vision "light weight" but even with the 18" wheels it is still pretty nimble. The problem is getting the giant carbs to work correctly but when they do it's a wonderful machine. I've never heard an exhaust note like the one from the Vision.

Originally Posted By: The_King48
What kind of bike does everybody drive???

1.) 2000 Electra Glide. (For wife and I)

2.) 1994 Springer Softail. (For my rebel bad self only)

3.) 1980 Kawasaki KZ440Z. (for the heck of it)

Two years ago I started out with the 06 V-star 650 classic. Was fine for getting back and forth to work, but not much getty up for passing. Had that 1 year, put on 5400 miles and upgraded to the '07 V-star 1300 Tourer. I really like this bike, Plenty of power and a comfortable ride with the gal on the back. ;\) Put 5100 miles on that one and I want to upgrade again. It's a never ending process. I think I'll keep this one for a couple more years. Then Star goes and introduces the Raider this year, more of a custom look with a raked out front end and custom paint job. Now I want trade in again, but I'm upside down on this one so it wouldn't make a lot of sense. Looks sharp, and can't beat the price of these Stars. A lot of bike for the buck. I'd love a Harley, but just can't justify the $$$....for now at least.

Originally Posted By: shizzy
01 Shadow 750 and an 82 Nighthawk

Gotta love the nighthawk, that was my first bike and I am looking to get anouther one some time. Not to much special about the bike but I love them, Its the 1200 custom sporty for me right now, Great bike.