• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Welcome bikers

Eric Wettschreck

No issues with my '83 Nighthawk's electrical. I have owned the bike for 2 years now and it was pretty well taken care of. Only 14,000 original miles and original paint, seat, etc. Have changed plugs, flushed the hydraulic clutch system, and put new rear rubber on her, but that's all she's needed so far.

Tops out plenty fast for me......but not quite comfy enough for a trip around lake Superior.

About 50 or 60 miles at a pop is all I can handle on that thing.

This is perfect!

I have a 1993 Honda Nighthawk 750. It is my first bike, but I learned to ride on an 83' Nighthawk 650. The 650 is one of the best bikes ever made if you ask me! I just happened upon a really good deal on the '93 (I was looking for the old 650 model). Anyways I have had not one issue with my bike, and it really performs well if you ask me.

The 650 has charging issues at idle, it will actually go dead if you let it sit and idle for a long period of time. I don't think there is really much you can do to fix it, it just is like that from the factory.

Thats right, the 82 that I have was I believe, the last year of the single cam motor, 83 and later went with the double cam, hydraulic clutch and other upgrades.

I really always like the "Honda Nighthawk", not the cruiser style, but the one with the small fairing, dual cam motor and oil cooler. THAT was a hot lil bike and one I would take home as a demo from time to time. 16" front wheel I believe, which was hot at the time.

Hey all, I got a 1979 Honda CB 650 I paid $50.00 for it 4 years ago. Would like to upgrade, I like the new Sabers I sat on one last year, my wife gave me "the look", Maybe this year right??

Iron Cowboy, yes it is true about the date of birth.. I actually wanted a Heritage classic, my wife wanted the chussy seat of the ultra. The last thing I remember before buying it was her saying, "remember I am making the payments." Gotta love that. As for the 96 incher, it is one heck of an upgrade, lots of power, coupled with the 6 speed tranny.

Kevin

I started oh..... 34 years ago on a Suzuki 175, and now have a 03 Fatboy and 04 RoadKing. Lots of rides in between.

I like the Fatboy to cruise around on in town and the RoadKing for out on the road. Both are great rides, the Fatboy usually gets the nod unless my lady wants to come, she likes the RoadKing.

I started out on an Arctic Cat mini bike back in the early 70's.Several bikes later I'm now riding a Honda XR650L.Seems like all roads in SE MN end up along the Mississippi.Great riding on both sides of the river.

mjhowe...how about some of them picks of the trip to the NWT.

Started out on a Honda XL70 then upgraded to a Honda XL185 through school. Got married then divorced and bought a 02' Honda CBR600F4i as a little seperation present for myself. Got married again but still have the bike. This year I plan on selling it though and getting myself a HD Nighttrain. Wife doesn't like riding on a rocket very well. But the only way she will let me sell it is if I get another bike right away because she is affraid that if I didn't I would never get another one for a long time. Sure wish I would have that 70 now for my kids to learn to ride on.

I have 1983 honda goldwing 1100 with less than 30k on it. It is a loaded bike that has a bunch of show trophies to go with it. Unfortunately I have a torn disc in my back that just doesn't appreciate when I go for rides so last summer the poor thing sat in the corner of my garage and sulked. Ok, I was the one sulking. Hopefully I will be able to ride it this year. I didn't get my back fixed but I changed jobs so it hasn't bothered me quite as much. If the old back can't handle it this year, I know where there might be a bike with matching trailer for sale!!!

It seems to me that a lot of the folk on here ride "almost vintage" motorcycles. How old does a motorcycle need to be before you can get collector plates on them? grin.gif I ride a 1985 Honda V65 Sabre. It was the very first vehicle I ever owned. I bought it when I was a Junior in High School 12 years ago. Both of my parents and my older brother ride as well. Every family vacation that I can remember were done on two wheels. I am really pumped about having a motorcyclist area to shoot the breeze.

Come on Spring!

CA

Quote:
From the response we're getting so far, I'm thinking a mid-summer ride might be in order. Meet up somewhere that fits good for everyone, (Mankato, St. Cloud, open for suggestions) and go from there.

Input?

A mid summer ride? Sweet, I am up for it...

Great idea for a forum, I just noticed it's here. I started out riding mini-bikes, Honda 70's, homemade ones too. Recieved a gift from an older cousin of a Honda CB100 in exchange for agreeing to help his dad make hay every summer, which i did. Was able to ride the little 100 on the backroads to work every morning. Then graduated up to a Honda CB350 which i rode into the ground and bought a Yamaha YZ490 (what a meat machine) I know own a 2005 Harley Davidson Wide Glide but am shopping for a Ultra Classic because the wife doesn't like to ride on long rides with me on the little narrow passenger seat.