• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2/23 reports?

I was in a rabbit tournament today so I didn't make it to the lakes. The only reports I've heard from the area a pretty slow at best. Few gills and crappies biting in Miller's, Little Emerson's, and Smith's. Any action up on Spirit? I was there last weekend and found a few eaters but nothing much to brag about. Any good reports from today?

We started on Smith's bay then moved to the mouth of Little Emerson. We did not get to the lakes until about 2:30 so we really did not get a good day in. We are still loaded up and ready to go for tomorrow so hopefully we will be starting early and on time in the morning.

Do you plan on starting at Angler's bay at 8 Perchpounder??? Maybe we can catch up with you and compare notes?

Angler's at 8 Is the gameplan so far. Hopefully something will cooperate. 2000 Silverado with the HSO.com sticker on the back window pretty easy to spot in a crowd.

The Landing was a little rough and blown shut last weekend has it improved at all?

Well you will not miss us... we will have moparmarv's white Dodge pickup pulling my red trailer with a Suzuki KingQuad on the back. Marv now has HSO.com sticker in back window as well. I will be talking to Marv in a little while so we will talk about what time we plan on starting tomorrow...

Honda I think you guys need a bigger trailer for that zuki!!! hehehehehe. I guess you have to make Marv feel proud about his MOPAR gas milage! hehehehehehe.

Good luck tomorrow guys, wish I could be with ya!!!

Hey muc33... You can never have enough trailer for the quad!!! \:\)

Yesterday I started putting my own shack on the trailer too. Just thought that it would be handy to have if we decided to do some scouting and not want to move mopar's shack right away. Just another quad and a few more items and we should have the trailer full... \:\)

Hope to see you sometime soon...

Make room next weekend for sure, funeral is today and rest of the week to adjust, then panfish central!!! Perchpounder even picked me up a new rod yesterday!!!! So I have new toys waiting for me. Ready to hit it hard.

good luck today, tell marv hello!

hi from marv to muk33 I and honda fished sat & sunday tried 7 different bays at the IGL's. fish won fishermen lost.two days of fishing no fish just lookers.Try again next weekend to even the score against the fish Hehehehe.Nice to see PP out there again.

I heard there was a group on Anglers with 70+ crappies Sunday. Wasn't out of the 3 shacvks we had, we totaled about 10 total for the 3 and 3 of those northerns 2 being silvers. Least I caught a few fish to keep my no skunk streak alive.

I took fish into Shucks 2/24 at 4pm and the guy said that was the first bunch of fish anyone had brought in all day. We had 19, all blugills cept one perch. We saw 00s of fish finally, its been hard for me to see many fish all winter since the first couple weeks.

Hey muc33... It will be great seeing you guys out there again next week. I know that Saturday will not work out for me but look out Sunday here we come... We are going to call for a full fledged war against the fish this time... Run and Gun... Hit em hard with everything!!! LOL Okay maybe we are at least gonna try...

I am without my aqua vu this past weekend and it really stunk. I had to send it in for repair so I hope that they hurry up and get it back out to me before next weekend.

Yea, I remember a time when I first started out without any electronics and special equipment and I used to catch fish... and now here we are with the camera and flasher knowing that the fish are down there and not catching a thing... And let alone the fact that we no longer know how to function with out those electronics... How do times change us so much!!!

I have all the fancy eletronic toys but honestly in the lakes here with the gin clear water how often do you really use them during the day?? I have my camera along for scouting but once I'm set up I haven't dropped it in to fish with since December. My Marcum stayed home all weekend to, not much need for it in a shack in even 18' of water.

But if you are not in a shack and hole hopping, it makes a world of difference. And I usually have someone with me so I have my 2 man portable, which if I am alone is too big to really run and gun holes at 5 minutes at a crack. So in the house, yes, I sight fish, but hole hopping, I get out the colors!

There is definitly a time and a place for each of the electronic equipment pieces. I usually like to have the camera down to watch if my jigging movements or certain actions have something to do with catching fish. Also sometimes a fish will bite ever so lightly so you can usually catch more fish if you watch, wait, and set just by watching your camera. I really like doing that. Also its just like watching tv while fishing... A little entertainment while fishing....