• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Custom GPS Minnesota Lake Maps

Scoot

Question

Anybody given these a shot??? I've used them on a number of different lakes and been very happy with them. I'll admit to being biased, the map service person is a buddy of mine, but I can honestly say with pure objectivity that it's a good product that they're selling that'll cut down on goof off time and increase your amount of fishing time.
If you fish a lake that's not included in other mapping services and you have a gps, give it a shot. For the small fee they charge per lake you can't go wrong.
I'd like to hear your experiences with this software if you've given it a shot.
Scoot

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-20-2002).]

6 answers to this question

yup I got one from him, problem is I havent had any time to check it out, I plan to get more for some of the larger lakes for ice fishing,
For any of you that plan to try a new lake and own a gps, you cant go wrong, on your pc,put your pointer on the spot on the map you want and get the position, its that easy. give these a try!

You can order them here:
http://fishingminnesota.com/gps-calibrate-lakemaps.html

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 07-17-2002).]

Minneman,

I bet you got the Big C map, didn't you? I got it from Kirsch a while ago and it's pretty dang good. Get out and give it a try-let me know how you like it.
Scoot

What a super idea! I have a few of these maps and use them during the soft water season, but I know I will really use them on the ice! Great for any time of the year and easy to use. So many options to use if you choose or you can use it in it's simplest form. It helps me avoid having hundreds of waypoints on my gps at one time. I simply download the ones for a particular lake on a particular day.

When I saw this thread, I couldn't resist adding to it. The beauty of the service is you choose the lake. It isn't restricted to just the high profile lakes across the state as the other products typically are.

Here are just some of the ways you can use the maps:

1) Mark unlimited waypoints anywhere you wish on the map. Upload and download them from and to your GPS.
2) Mark tracks and upload them to the GPS
3) Download tracks and see where you have been fishing. Also, this allows you to save exact trolling patterns. How cool is it to save trolling patterns from your favorite lake and come back a year later, and upload those tracks and follow the same course.
4) Measure distances on the lake.

Good Fishing!

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-20-2002).]

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Ahhh yes,
it's great adding to the list of lakes we can now get GPS coordinates associated with the lake map.

This is going to be an awesome tool for finding your spots during ice fishing.

Just pull your lake map up, click on the spots and you have your GPS coordinates. Then your GPS takes you right to your location on the lake.

I'm looking forward to saving a lot of time with these powerful maps.

Pick your favorite lake(s) and get the map(s) for yourself. You'll be glad you did.

You can get more info and order them here:
http://fishingminnesota.com/gps-calibrate-lakemaps.html