• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Lake TA!

Guys as for a hard tow bar . . .the last Traps, the DEC and Staties were there enforcing the hard towbar, period, whether the tower was a quad or snowmobile. Right or wrong, the tournament rules committee will accept the DEC or the State troopers ruling . . .they have to for liability.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talked to Kyle, Tyler and Maki, earlier. Doug and Steve a few minutes ago.. Here's the fishing update. Team Armed Services Kyle/Steve caught some nice perch in the morning and will be looking for some bigger gills tomorrow. ENY Tyler and Bud., Bud's had the hot hand and caught some nice perch and some larger gills and they'll be working to get more than just crappie...

Doug's partner Sammy got there safe and sound and Doug had a decent day on the ice with some quality perch and some denet gills.

Didn't talk to Jimmy and Donny but there staying at the hotel with the boy's everyone is working together and helping each other out, that's the way it should be and I'm proud of all of them.

Talked to Maki a bit while traveling back from C, Scott was on Silver, had some plastics to deliver and was fishing with Luke. He will be at the kid's clinic in the morning or conesus.

Doug and Kyle conversed with none other than Mr. Dave Genz that must have been a hoot. The Ice Team trailer arrived late today so the judges and crew are here.

Wishing the boy's good luck here tomorrow as they nail down there final plans for Sunday.

They received a couple of inches of fresh smow during the day fishing and the quads are extremey greasy getting going, most of the time you have to get a running start with em to get going before you hop on. That's all for now, updates to follow tomorrow

Yep go get em guys,Doug checked in briefly with Todd and we didn't hear much from the boys today but I know there busy with final plans and preparation for the assault tomorrow morning. Take no prisoners! I'll post results as soon as I have em.

Talked to Kyle an hour and a half ago and Steve and him had there limt, but were looking to get into some bigger fish, now there in the weigh-in line with the rest of the crew from NY and Mohawk Valley Joe is there taking pictures and talking to the guys. Can't wait to see how all the teams did...

Well the boys I believe all made it homes safely and I'll leave it up to them to tell there stories. I hope they enjoyed there experience and they will go at em again next year.

It was sad to hear of ReeleEmIn Kevin Riley, found out that his wife Yolanda's Mom passed away and he's on the way to Michigian, Our heartfelt condolences from our NY family.

Mohawk Valley Joe stopped by to see the guys weigh as he was on his way back from a wedding and stopped in to take a shot of a couple teams.. Great shot's Joe

Kyle and Steve...

1000793mz3.jpg

1000794lb2.jpg

Jimmy and Don

1000789vu1.jpg

1000788hp1.jpg

Here's Sammy, Chef's partner waiting in the weigh in line and feeling good about there bucket of fish. Jimmy said Doug was in-line waiting to get a hot dog when Joe shot this..... Jimmy and LJ to the right..

1000791ev5.jpg

Hey all, we are back to work after a not so successful TA, I think we all had a good time, but none of us could catch the fish needed. After steve's ATV....... issue?? and kyle taking the good ol' medicine to feel better, we gave it a good run. Lots of crappie... I mean LOTS!! Sight fishing was total absent, so it was using the Marcum to look into the weeds and try to pull the gills out, no slammers lots of dinks. and the perch we found on friday were gone to parts unknown. Doug and Sammy i think finished the best of who we sent, so way to go. I think Kyle had the best "catch" of the weekend, but i'll let him tell ya that one! Everyone there was nice as could be and met some good guy's. Dave Genz stopped on the Ice Friday and chatted with us for 20 minutes (at our secret perch spot), and gave my partner a ride to shore. The new NAIFC series went well, i think and we will be back at it next year to try to give them a run!! Good fishing with everyone, and where we going next?? \:\)

here are some pics my dear old mom took at the weigh-in.

f_Hutm_713a8ad.jpg

Me in the hut and Donnie behind me trying to pic up a few gills....

f_Dougsamm_21c82a3.jpg

Doug and Sammy Discussing the weight......

f_Jimweighm_c6fecd3.jpg

Me and Donnie with LJ's help at weigh-in

f_jimidavem_aed0ee6.jpg

LJ, getting interviewed by Dave Genz

f_KyleStevem_f6aeeca.jpg

Kyle and Steve (Team Armed Forces) talking with Dave Genz

f_Kyle1m_5041280.jpg

Kyle and Steve getting ready to weigh

f_MeDavem_2e36129.jpg

Dave asking me how i caught all those Dinks!!

f_mekylem_d2221c5.jpg

Me kyle and steve walkin away from weigh in

f_Wrapupm_fab61a3.jpg

Every one coming in from the lake

f_Loadupm_ca037b3.jpg

Me and LJ getting ready to load up and head out

Great pics Jimmy...we had a blast and met some Top Notch Fisherman. Johnny Bassilio Sausage finished 6th unofficially. WTG Team NY. I will be back next year for sure. We missed you Timmy and Todd...doesn't seem the same fishing without my 2 main men!!!!!!

I am off to a Lake to be named later...Fish Out!!!!!!!!!!

Unofficial results:

1. Gawlinksi, Jacek (Il) / Wojcik, Zbigniew (Il) 7.07

2. Webb, Steve (MI) / Smith, Randy (MI) 7.04

3. Morse, Phil (MI) / Morse, Jeff (MI) 6.92

4. Eichler, Steve (NY) / Chase, Mike (NY) 6.77

5. Beale, Chad (PA) / Britenbaugh, Jeremy (PA) 6.65

6. Battistella, John (NY) / Reinard, Richard (NY) 6.55

7. Pikulski, Joe (MI) / Gilbert, Myron (MI) 6.40

8. Durfee, Chris (NY) / Snyder, Jeff (NY) 6.34

9. Gagliano, Carvin (NY) / Siddons, Klye (NY) 6.34

10. Bacarella, John (MI) / Horn, Bob (IL) 6.23

11. Bussian, Doug (WI) / McConville, Steve (MN) 6.15

12. Boulant, Shawn (NY) / Willis, Mark (NY) 6.10

13. Boedeker, Mike (MI) / Young, Dave (MI) 6.00

14. Rusinek, Mark (NY) / Refermat, Justin (MN) 5.87

15. Jordan, Jim (OH) / Albert, Matt (OH) 5.28

16. Welch, Bill (ny) / Meyers, Bill (ny) 5.23

17. Williams, Steve (Ny) / Surridge, Bill (ny) 5.21

18. Snover, Bill (NY) / Ross, Elmer (NY) 6.21

19. Martin, Glenn (MI) / Martin, Jim (MI) 5.04

20. Annabel, Alton (NY) / Holden, Jim (NY) 4.80

21. Vorell, Dan (OH) / Carlin, Sean (OH) 4.63

22. Miller, Doug (NY) / Miller, Loratta (NY) 3.85

23. Walters, Douglas (ny) / French, Samuel (ny) 3.65

24. Briggs, Rusty (NY) / Uptegrove, Tom (NY) 3.63

25. Herington, Todd (NY) / Vazquez, Frank (NY) 3.52

26. Holbritter, Kyle (NY) / Greving, Steve (NY) 3.34

27. Olson, Jamie (MI) / Olson, Ben (MI) 3.26

28. Griffith, Robert (PA) / Kuna, Michael (PA) 3.21

29. Goodenow, Warren (NY) / Howard, Jim (NY) 3.18

30. Ingalls, Fred (NY) / Rigney, Rick (ny) 3.04

31. Phillips, Michael (VT) / Boyer, Justin (VT) 2.94

32. Comstock, John (Pa) / Garrison, Ron (Pa) 2.85

33. Faso, Jim (NY) / Webster, Donnie (NY) 2.71

34. Kowal, Jerome (NY) / Kowal, Thomas "Tucker" (NY) 2.71

35. Severance, Tyler (NY) / Hencke, Buddy (NY) 2.70

36. Dusblon, Mark (NY) / Skelly, Ron (NY) 2.67

37. Stablewski, Gary (NY) / Satola, John (NY) 2.58

38. Taylor, Gregg (NY) / Babson, Julie (NY) 2.47

39. Beattie, Timothy (NY) / Leopold, Mark (NY) 2.35

40. Forth, Jason (NY) / Desrosiers, Shawn (NY) 2.24

41. Frangipane, Nick (NY) / Horton, Darrell (NY) 1.85

42. Dubel Jr., Richard (NY) / Vimmerstedt, Jeremy (NY) 1.85

43. Philo, Robert (NY) / Collan, Shannon (NY) 1.83

44. Heath, Barry (PA) / Malone, Tim (PA) 1.50

45. Gerould, Scot (NY) / Poutier, Ellen (NY) 1.33

46. Gubala, Wieslaw (IL) / Jankowsku, Stanislaw (IL) 1.02

47. Prior, Mike (NY) / Prior, Gary (NY) 0.47

Total Registered Teams: 63

A special note to the winners., Zig way to get it done with your LX-5, sharing in your victory. Well done!

Way to go guys!

Hey chef did you get a sudsie when you got home. \:D It was nice meeting and fishing with all you guys i had a great time.My side still hurts from laughing chef your hilarious.I'm not really disappointed in the outcome,the lake was challanging enough i just wanted to catch 16 fish.I liked working as a team prefishing trying to find the hot spot that was fun.All in all i would do it again for sure.Hope to fish with you guys soon,Later \:D

Well guys im proud of all the hard work we put into the TA this year from planning to the final execution Sunday. Yes there are moves that could have been made and thing done differently but thats fishing and how it goes...I thought we all did respectable with the fishing coditions we had. I had a blast pre-fishing with you guys and many laughs on the ice and off. After getting home and getting a good "Suddsie", I was actually thinking about going to Michigan next weekend, whos in?! Lol.

So the best catch of the tournement was my cell phone...

It was the last 10 min of the tourney and Steve and i were weighing out our gills when I herd a plunk. I looked in the hole next to me and saw my cell phone wobbling towards the bottom, by the time my brain regestired what was happening the phone had already cleared the bottom of the ice. I jumped to the ice and plunged by arm up to my shoulder and after about .05 of a second the phone fell into my hand!!! I couldnt believe it...I pulled the phone out ripped the battery out and put it in my pocket....thinking what are the chances of that! we weighed in our fish went to the truck and put it on my dash board for about 30 min with the heat ripping. About 40 min after I put the battery in and it turned right on and i called Timmy to give him the report. Luckey!!!

K heres my pics:

Group pic minus Jimmy and Donny

cimg2009vf6.jpg

Me and Steve waiting in line for the launch

cimg2011bq8.jpg

The group waiting for launch...Jimmy high on crack as usual before a tournement

cimg2012xe0.jpg

Doug talkin to Dave

cimg2013hf2.jpg

Doug and Sammy

cimg2017nv4.jpg

LJ's first interview on the championship trail, have a feeling it wont be the last...

cimg2020pe5.jpg

LJ helping Jimmy and Donny weigh in

cimg2019cb6.jpg

Dave looking at Doug and Sammys weight

cimg2016wu5.jpg

Big Jimmys turn to talk to Dave, LJ's makin sure he doesnt give away to much info on locations...

cimg2022la3.jpg

Stevie and I waiting to weigh in

cimg2024vo3.jpg

Waitin for the question of the day, how was the fishing?

cimg2031uo1.jpg

cimg2030fk3.jpg

Steve recaping the day

cimg2028fx4.jpg

About explains how we were feeling at that point

cimg2032cf7.jpg

And the weight is...

cimg2033lj7.jpg

Well thanks to everyone, Frankie for the use of the sled, worked great, Timmy for all the guidence and training, all the guys from the trip, that made it a trip!

As far as Im concerened all of you guys are WINNERS very good job gentleman You have 2 thumbs from from this guy cool.gif.Next year I will make my way back to Trap Attack for sure.I think you guys did an outstanding job and it looks like you had a great time doing it.Im looking foward to fishing with all of you again hard water and openwater.

Good job Fishing Minnesota NY TEAMS grin.gif.Todd

First I would like to thank Kyle for fishing this with me. Kyle I had a blast and look forward to fishing with you again. To everyone else it was great meeting you guys. What a great group of guys to fish with. Next year I hope to fish it again and hope that Tim and Todd plus a few others will be there also.

Sure we can second guess what we did and what could have been done differently but I feel we gave it a good run and did as planned. This lake doesn't give up her fish easily and it was proven on Sunday for sure. Seeing the fish that were weighed in proved it. All in all I feel like a winner both with how we did and meeting everyone.

Where are we going to meet this weekend? Until then be safe!

Steve

I would like to take the chance to thank everyone in our Fishy Family!

Steve...Thanks for the Quad, you made a big impact on my first TA! You are one heck of a person with a kind heart!!

Kyle...Thanks for helping me acclimate without any pressure! I had a blast fishing with you!

Kirkville Chris...Thanks for the added power on my trip. It was awesome and turned heads with how fast that thing blasts through ice.

Otis...The tow hitch worked great. Made pulling a breeze.

Tyler & Bud...Thanks for laughing all weekend with me. It was awesome meeting you guys and I wait for the next trip!

Jimmy & Donny...You guys put a lot of passion in your fishing. Your family gave you guys a lot of support.

Timmy and Todd...I can't say enough about our friendship and the unconditional support you both gave Team Kick Butt(NY)

Sammy...You were a great partner and I knew we could get in the top 30%...great fishing against some of the best with you!!!!!

I am craving the next TA!!!!

Kyle...When do we leave for Michigan?

Chef thats a long drive, we better start packing now to be out of here by Thursday! That sucks i was seriously thinkin about Michigan, i was moeping around the house last night from a fishing trip hangover and I told Janelle theres another chance next weekdend....she told me to just go and get it done with and out of my system, guess she was sick of seeing me pouting like a baby, lol.

Next year, next year....

Hello fella's !!

I had a great time fishing the NAIFC at Silver lake this year.You can actually feel the buzz with all involved about the new org. and all the new possibilities.It was nice having a few with you guys at the bowling alley Friday night,and can't wait to do it again! Congrats Steve on your emergency on the road new quad purchase!!You never know what your next hurdle is going to be at one of these things.You boys are a bunch of great fishers and all around nice guys.Fishing was good on the lake but as usual the most critical choice was the night before figuring out where to go first and for what.We had a GREAT gill spot that a couple other teams knew about as well,including Steve Ichler and Mike Chase, another excellent N.Y. team.So we went to our gill patch first cause we couldn't chance getting there later after the spot was hammered for a couple hours.As it turned out we were right cause these other couple teams had the same idea and were there with us first thing in the AM. The bite for me was OUTSTANDING!! I must have hauled in at least thirty or more Beautiful gills in the first hour or so. I found a hole in the weeds about the size of a garbage can,and after further inspection with the camera I found it had a PERFECT entrance and exit leading to it..The PERFECT gill spot we all dream of stumbling on the day before a big contest.So coming out of the gill bed going after perch we felt incredible with our eight gills,but that feeling was shortly replaced by unreal stress after hitting three of my hot perch waypoints to find only tiny perch hitting in them. At 12:00 noon we had eight awesome gills in our bucket and eight perch about the size of your finger!!I had one more way point stored from the day before where I found good perch hitting at around noon and we put our last ounce of faith into that spot..After about 10 minutes of fishing with nothing more than a couple more dinks to show for it, our hearts were sunk!Then at about twenty after twelve with only thirty minutes max to fish I made the sign of the cross and asked for at least ONE good perch to put in our bag,the thought of weighing in eight of those TINY perch was making me nauseous!!Then she came! A nice plump 11 incher THANK YOU GOD!! I said. Then another 10" and a 9 1/2". I kept yelling over to Rich every time I landed another, then he got a few and It happened, we replaced all them dinks!

That was an unbelievable experience, and the most important thing I learned was, in the words of Mike Iconelli, NEVER GIVE UP!!! It only takes a few minutes to completely turn your fate around,and it never hurts to ask for some help from above...

So thats my story , I had to share it with you guys cause of the way it came together for us in the last twenty minutes of the game.Pretty cool huh??

Now its time to relax and head back to the " Big O " this Friday for some stress free Walleye banging and Jumbo thumping!

You all take care!