• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Silver Lake TA!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so the verdict (99% sure) you need a rigged tow bar and a 100% sure you need a helmet.....Question is will your trap rope ran through a PVC pipe qualify as a rigged tow bar? anyone know this for sure?

Thanks,

Kyle

Kyle thats a good ? on the hard hitch confused.gif.

I want to wish all of you that are in the T/A GOODLUCK and kick some buttocks.With only that many teams the odds are pretty good it will be nice to see our group here come out on top ;).GO GETUM GUYS bring home some $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.I wish I could go and fish it again but with this new job I am limited to what I can do.Good luck again TODD

Kyle...let me know what you come up with, because I will have to follow suit. I don't know of solution! If yours works, let me know what the ingredients are, I will go gather the stuff tomorrow and build it!

Steve...any ideas?

I am calling Todd to see what he knows!!!

So from what ive gotten out of the phone call with NYS DEC, a pvc pipe isnt a ridged tow hitch! Its not exactly spelled out to that degree, but in his (DEC) opinion PVC over rope wouldnt be considered good....So if anyones planning on doing that its your call, but im going to play it safe and grab a tow bar for $50 at Gander in Cicero. They have a bunch for Frabils. Other brands out of luck, but i did look at the rig on the internet and i dont see why you couldnt mount this one to any set up! Ill be swinning in there Thursday morning. If anyone else is in this situation let me know I can pick some up!

Kyle

Thanks tyler I know you would make one for me, i apreciate it but you guys need that time to get packed! I waited on this til the end, its something i basically forgot about with all the other things going on. So ill bite the bullet and pay the $50 bucks.

Oh yeah Frank did have one but Jimmy is borrowing his trap so that bar will go with it...

If you guys build one, make sure you distribute the pull load to the shelter or you could end up with a big hole in your shelter. All the commercial ones have the connection to the shelter in two places and a yoke to a single connection to the pull vehicle (sled or quad). Not enough time to make one so I agree with Kyle on buying one. I hated bringing up the subject to Kyle, but it is a law that law enforcement will be at the ramp to enforce . . including helmets for all occupants. Just think the poor guys from out of state with snowmobiles will have to pay a $100 registration fee or join a NY club!!!

Ok, enough Mother Hen stuff! Good luck to all. I'll be keeping tabs on the finals from the sunny beaches of Punta Cana. . .I wish I could be in both places. The best I could do was loan out most of my stuff. Again good luck to all!!

Originally Posted By: HardWaterChef
Kyle...let me know what you come up with, because I will have to follow suit. I don't know of solution! If yours works, let me know what the ingredients are, I will go gather the stuff tomorrow and build it!

Steve...any ideas?

I am calling Todd to see what he knows!!!

Doug,do you know where P&C plaza is down here? I am pretty sure there were a few hard hitches at the NBD store they were from marion manor I don't know if they still have them but you might want go there and check it out. I will call you about 9.30am when I go on break TTYL.

Well I know a few of you are leaving today and in case I don't make it up there Friday. I want to wish you all good luck, safe travels to and from, and have fun... If I have updates I will call your cells... Sunday I'll be waiting by the phone for your calls. Good luck to all the NY teams..

Good Luck to everyone heading to Silver! Rich and I will be on the lake early Friday morning. See you out there!

Tim it's not to late to sign up.....grab Darkcloud,Johnny, or even Mike if you still have his number.:D.

It is my belief that a rigid tow bar is only needed for ATV's if you are towing a PERSON from a sled, tobbaggon, trailer or skis.

If you are just pulling a fish trap, ect. behind you, the rope should be fine. Skull caps, Registration, and Insurance are all mandatory.

Here is the NYS DMV web page that I got the info from.

http://www.nysdmv.com/broch/c29.htm

The WEB Site States:

YOU MAY NEVER OPERATE AN ATV:

While pulling a person on skis, a toboggan, sleigh, sled or trailer, unless the device is attached to the ATV by a tow-bar or other rigid connection.

I tried calling the phone numbers listed on the DMV site. I got thru to 2 people and asked the question about a rigid connection for towing and got transferred 2 times before I got cut off.

I didn't have the time to call back today.

Dark Cloud - New job

Big Johnny Ice - Adam born a week ago last Saturday possibly fishing Honeyoye Friday. BJI and I will be back!

Mike - Bushwhacked, living in an apartment near her retirement home.

Kev it's just to much... I know when I went to the NAIFC that was it, should have saved a little for the NYSTA but I didn't, no regrets we had a great time in Minnesota Kyle and I. Good luck you guys!

No trap for me this year. Talked to the boys and reports are the bite was slow to getting better, gills are biting and perch are doing there Silver thing. I believe the bite will be much better in the morning and they need to get the perch first. Everyone is dining together this evening and spirits are high, only incident is Kyle got a small cut in his LX-5 transducer cable but it may be superficial, it's running fine but he's going to borrow the spare ducer off USMC Steve's spare LX-5 for the rest of the tourney. AugustWest is showing his big perch prowess and ENY Tyler, Bud and Maki were catching gills but nothing that big from what I gathered. Talked to Salmonseeker 73 and he got to the lake a bit later and got a line wet. I'll report tomorrow evening. Johnny B had some nice perch today, way to go Cheektowaga..