• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

where is the closest landing to the lodge i will be up there on saturday and i plan on fishing little yellow i fish it in the winter and we pound the fish so i just want to try my hard water spots where should i fish for walleye or sunnies on big yellow

There is a landing right at the Yelow Lake Lodge. You may have a hard time getting a boat under the bridge to access Little Yellow (see above).

Walleye could be anywhere from right in the weeds out to 16-20 fow. The entire northern shoreline can be good. I also have had luck out from Jeffries Landing on the eastern shore, also south of the landing at the Lodge.

I have caught big sunfish while fishing walleye in deeper water. I believe they also catch the in the weeds around Jeffries Landing. Not much of a sunfish guy...crappies though, don't even ask me my hotspots for them.

Found walleyes to be very scattered this weekend. Caught them on the east, north and western shorelines from 10-16 fow. Could not buy a bite on crawlers, all came on leeches.

Anyone up for a little get-together on Yellow one of these weekends??? I gotta great place for a little bar-b-q before or after.

Anyone up in the area that wants to learn a little about the lake? Or just meet some of the other FM'rs that fish up this direction?

i am up there for a week during the week of the 4th i think the 4th through the 12th. i am staying at the ike waltons place and i am bringing up the boat for some fishing. i am new to the lake and would be interested in finding some fish and i would be interested in that if you are doing it on one if those weekend days.

I'll be up there Sunday and Monday, the 5th & 6th. That Sunday work for anyone else????

Evenrude, either way, stay in touch. We can hook up. My email address is below.

My youngest and I will be up on Friday and maybe Saturday and hope to do as well as last weekend. We caught quite a few walleyes,northerns,jumbo sunfish and some beautiful smallies. Mitch caught a 16,17 and a 20" that kept him busy for 15 minutes on his ultra light. Here's a few pics.

Rob

YellowLake6-20-09004.jpg

vYellowLake6-19-09003.jpg

vYellowLake6-19-09001.jpg

There are some dandy smallies in there, shhhhhh, it's supposed to be a secret. grin I've never caught one over 18" myself. Good job, Sounds like you had a great weekend.

YellowLake6-20-09002.jpg

The funny thing was I thought it was a big sheephead. I had this monster on for at least 15 minutes, a half hour before and then he hooks into a big one. I got ready to net it a couple of times and when I finally got a glimpse of it we both swore it was another sheephead. I left him for a while and told him to play with it for a while until it tired out. I finally took a better look and then we both got a little excited. We took a quick pic and let er go.

Rob

nice fish there Grey! hopefully i can get into some of those bass when i am up there. if you dont mind me asking what were you catching those smallies on? or just the depths or any tips. you can email me at sgs1919 at yahoo dot com if you want.

Friday was flat calm, and HOT! Water temp was 85. Still managed one keeper eye at sundown, along with several shorts and a mixed bag of other species.

Saturday morning action was much better, but still only two eyes in the box. Then the wind came up, and WOW did it blow! Watched the waves crashing into shore the rest of the weekend.

Planning on hooking up with evenrude and maybe LoonASea next Sunday the 5th. Anyone else remotely interested in that???

I might be able to come down on sunday

If you do, and want to hook up, email me for my cell#.

Otherwise, I've got a white 16' Alumacraft with silver/grey graphics and a 25hp Yamaha.

Don

Are you at the RV campground by Jefferies landing???

I may not pull my boat down but I will be in the boat of the former lake assoc prez I will look for you

Yes, the RV campground just north of Jeffries Landing, Log Cabin Hollow.

did good on yellow this week. got a couple nice smallies and got about 20 walleyes my self and my cousins got about 20 also and about 20 more with my family. Thanks for showing me around the lake Don. Leeches and lindys were the key this week and it caught all of my fish. here are some pictures of the smallies. the biggest walleye was a 22 incher but my cousin has the picture or else i would post it.

0707091853.jpg

0707091922.jpg

Good job! I am so jealous of you for getting to stay up all week, and what perfect weather you had. Glad you got off the links long enough to get on some fish. Nice meeting you.

Great smallies!

So, how deep were you getting the eyes?

Yellow finally turned on for me this weekend. Caught well over two dozen walleye on Sunday in only 6 or 7 hours. Lot's of shorts for sure, but plenty of keeper size thrown in to make it interesting.

Sunday morning was slow but most fish were over the 15" minimum. Went back in the afternoon with a friend about 5:00 and started catching them right away. They were as active as I have ever seen them. 15 inchers were pulling drag and one 17+ incher I thought I had on a musky! My livewell was full of 1" perch that were puked up.

Sunday mornings catch.

DSC02277-1-1.jpg

Nice sweatshirt huh? Let me know, I'll hook you up with one just like it!

All fish came from 10-15 fow, lindy rigging leeches with either a red hook/bead or red or orange hot hooks with a chartreuse bead.

Got to fish for just a couple hours this morning before I had to come home frown only caught one, but was 18" smile!

It was really hard to come home today, can't wait till Friday.