• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Still plenty of ice on the lake, but boy was it sloppy driving this weekend.  Sounds like a good solid refreeze this upcoming weekend, that will definitely help conditions. 

Heard again of some on a nice crappie bite, but I couldn't find them :(

Yeah, I was up late last week and caught a few crappies but not fast and furious. Did notice a group of shacks out in the middle where I'd really never seen that many in the past. Must be where they're fishing crappie. I kept going north and fished out from Ike's. Good Luck.

Hey there, is there anyone that will be up throughout this week any time that can give me a update on the condition of the landings? Hoping for one more trip come Saturday. Brining the wheeler but might have to walk it depending on landings. This year was just sucky for good ice conditions. Last year at this time I was 2" away from needing an extension on my strikemaster. What a difference a year makes....

Yeah, I was up there this weekend for one more shot at walleyes. Pretty slow for me with only one short and a few panfish. Donbo is correct. Yesterday it really took a hit. Ice had water on top and it was just swirling into old holes. The fat lady has sung for me. Good Luck.

Well, I never made it out on Saturday although I'm sure i could've on foot. Here's some pics of the ice as of yesterday. First pic is the north shore from Stuart's leisure acres. The last three are pics taken of Jeffries landing. Looks like it's over. Time to prep the boats! image.thumb.jpeg.94804355066cc4b63f7c3c6image.thumb.jpeg.3bab0e385d870c36ff99f67image.thumb.jpeg.eb5d51f1ffeb5ed5c7ae56eimage.thumb.jpeg.7c75bcd7e7963a3f05ff360

I can honestly say the wind cooperated  but that cold front that moved thru fri nite kicked our behind ,,managed to get some pike but taking them out of the live well 4 flopped out of the net and earned their freedom 

Did have a miss hap when I had my Rapala tackle box get blown off the dock when the wind kicked up friday nite and lost 90-100 rapalas and flicker shads that are floating some where on Yellow ,,,I had planned to fish tomorrow but that sick feeling in my gut forced me to head home 

If any one finds this tackle please PM me 

LoonASea, sorry about the tackle box.  That really sucks.  I heard the wind howling in the middle of the night, and was sure glad I wasn't out in it.  On the bright side, the crappie fishing was awesome all weekend.

13177394_10205308841914730_4465526769932608203_n.jpg

Got on the water last Saturday but did not last long and was forced to go home Saturday night so we were not able to get out Sunday. caught a few walleye between 14'' to 17'' in 12 FOW. caught them on both leeches and minnows