• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FM Ultimate Fish House

deadminnowcatcher

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I just figured out how to post pictures so here is the 1st one. And I need your input. I picked up 4 carpet samples at Menards today. Grey, Tan, Green, and Burgandy. What color should we put in our ultimate fish house

The Burgandy is not as dark as it appears in the picture. The trailer part of the project is almost complete and i will post pictures in a weak or 2.

carpet.jpg

The color of the floor might also be determined by how dark or light the walls will be. If your using a dark colored paneling on the walls, then keep the floor a lighter color other wise the dark soaks up the available light in the house.

Mine came with dark blue and it works good, but the walls are a light brown tone.

Originally Posted By: deadminnowcatcher
flat roof

When you say flat roof, are you talking totally flat or with a slight raise in the center or making one side higher than the other?

If your going to leave it on the lake, it might be best to have a little angle to it for run off. Other wise water will puddle and refreeze instead of draining when it melts. Just a thought as other models have the raised roof in their design...I'm also assuming it would be to help shed any snow weight too.

i guess if your thinking flat roof i would rethink again. make it out of 2x6's and cut down so you have a slight slope. it takes no time at all to do and you won't have the issues like your going to have with it flat. make a mark in center of your 2x 6 at the width of the house and then on the outsides mark it at 2-1/2" and angle it. your slope is done and lots of run off. space them out at 2' and it would be plenty strong too! just my thoughts though.

I suggest taking a look back at Buschpilots idea. Cutting down 2x6's and then you will still have a flat roof inside the house...if you want a peaked roof on the inside then you will have to go with a center rafter.