• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who has the best prices on Lund boats ???

Question

I'm interested in getting a 16 ft. Lund and wonder who has the best prices in Minnesota.

Thanks for any help at all !!

Are you a Guide??? If so, contact lund and check out their guide program. You will ultimately go through your local dealer, but you'll get the best price anywhere.

I recomend Hoots Marine in Otter tail. Great place.

Backwater, you must have gone into a different Don's Sportsland in Breckenridge then I have been to..... I would not recomend that place to anyone. I have had nothing but bad experinces there.

Good Luck in your seach for a Lund Boat.

------------------
Just Having Fun!
Love to Fish.

Biggestfish sorry to hear you consider your dealings with Don's to be "bad experiences".

One thing I do know is they are VERY busy and with any busy shop you are likely to need to get in line with the rest of their valued customers for service work.

Although I respect your personal opinion, I will stand fast by my personal recommendation of Don’s Sportland & Marine; they have never let me down.

I can not offer such confident recommendations for many other dealers and marine service providers in the FM region.

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html

I can highly recommend Nelson Marine in White Bear Lake. Great service and very competitive on pricing. You can call and ask for Tim Wojatis and he will give you a quote on the phone. I purchased a Lund Explorer SS last spring and been very happy with it. I did a lot of shopping and research prior to the purchase. Who ever you decide to go with I would check the BBB site to see if they have any complaints filed. Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 07-10-2002).]

An unfortunate fact of life is that all things are NOT equal!! I will admit that when I walk into my local marine shop, due to my business and the business I refer I do receive better than normal service. I have watched how my marine shop deals with people and would say they are very good to everyone. I just seem to be able to get my boat looked at quicker because I'm in there a couple times a year, and have about six families that I maintain their boats. This may be the case with Backwater.

Even if you got your new Lund free, you'd still be just starting the paying process. Pick a dealer where you can get the service you want and need.

In my case, it helps enormously that I can call my local dealer and service manager by their first names, and they call me by mine. Whether it comes to winterizing, trouble shooting a trailer light problem, or just routine service, I am happy with A-1 Marine.

Hey all,

I purchased my 2000 Lund (in 2000) from Pierz Marine. Pierz is the largest dealer of Lund boats in the state of Minnesota. If you are looking for the BEST price, I would try Pierz. When I was shopping around, I received quotes from Nelson, Rapid Sports, Frankies, and Pierz. Pierz beat all of them by $400. If you find that any other dealer can beat them, you probably haven't haggled enough to get the best price. As far as after market service...They have been great.
Talk to Ted in the St.Cloud office (he may have changed to Brainerd, but I am not positive on that).

Backwater, I am glad to hear that Don's have never let you down. It makes sense that they do have a loyal customer base and get recomendations from that base because, if they treated everyone as poorly as me and others that I know they would be out of business. I must have just caught them on a "bad" day EVERY time I have been in there.

One thing we all have to remember is no mater how great we all think that "our" dealership is....There is and will always be people who have had bad experences there.

Good Luck!!!

------------------
Just Having Fun!
Love to Fish.

[This message has been edited by Biggestfish (edited 07-10-2002).]

You have an odd definition of a Real American.

I thought a Real American would have enough sense to spend the least amount of money for the best quality so they'd have some money left over to donate to the church, VFW or maybe even their local conservation organization.

I don't think the trade deficit is "one of the main reasons this economy is so bad". The trade deficit has never been seen as a very meaningful economic indicator.

I wouldn't be surprised if Honda motors are made in the good ole USA, as many of their automobiles are. Even if they aren't made here, everytime you buy one, a lot of people in Marietta, GA benefit (Honda Marine HQ) and the local dealer benefits and the freight company that ships your motor benefits.

I've got lots of years tallied as member of AFL-CIO, CWA-Newspaper Guild, and AAUP. I'm "pro labor," which isn't so popular these days, yet, I don't know how to "buy American."

I bought a Mercury and learned that it was mostly Yamaha. Bought some Chrysler products and learned they were Mitsubishi, bought some Berkley rods and learned they were made in China. My Ford conversion van was made in part in both Mexico and Canada (altho they are both North American). My RCA TV is made in Japan. The remote to operate my TV is made in Mexico.

I'd really, really like to "buy American." I just don't know how.

#1: I will BUY A YAMAHA

#2: Please refrain from trying to turn EVERY D@MN thing on this forum into an argument. It is getting old, and frankly it is getting irritating.

To voice your opinion is one thing; to critisize others while doing it is not appreciated. I hope you get my point.

Enough said.

Good fishing,

PCG

Forget buying a yamaha or honda, Real Americans buy American. One of the main reasons this economy is so bad is all of the importing we do from other countries. Put your American brother or sister to work and it evenually comes back to you.
Just my 2 cents
By the way I do own a 90 four stroke Merc with no problems ever. Been to Lake of the Woods twice and all over nothern wisconsin. Zero problems. period

I am sorry if anyone was offended by my economic patriot paragragh. I am not trying to attack anyone personally. It did come off wrong and would like to say that the statement of "Real Americans buy American" is not accurate and paints with too broad of a brush.
Pro Crappie, I do get your point and I hope you have good luck with your Yamaha.

Huskyminn, you make some very good points and appriciate your response.

Clayton, Buying American is tough that is for sure. We all have products such as televisions, microwaves, calculators etc that just are not made in this country anymore. What I try and do is ask where a product is made first, or look on the label or box. If there is an equal in both price and quality I always go with the ole USA. If no USA product is available I buy price/quality first then go with the country that I percervie has the best trade policy regarding importing of our products. Which usually is not Japan, although the have invested some money into manufacturing in America.
Just my ten cents
Hooded2000

Dino/ The heads and some parts are assembled in Japan. But the rest of the block and motor are built from Yamaha corp in California. Next time your in your dealership, talk to a service tech, not a salesmen. Hands down, most reliable motor built. JMO

------------------
MILLE LACS AREA GUIDE SERVICE
651-271-5459 http://fishingminnesota.com/millelacsguide/
click here

With the globalization of manufacturing, corporate assimilation, as well as many of the big fortune 1000 sending their cash over seas to avoid paying taxs in the USA, I am not sure if it matters any longer?

Watching to see who brings the most jobs to the USA maybe the only way to see whom is USA friendly anymore?

------------------
Backwater Eddy..><,sUMo,>

Backwater Guiding
"Ed on the RED"
(701)-281-2300

[email protected]

http://home.talkcity.com/ResortRd/backwtr1/index.html