• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Garmin 160

volksdriver

Question

I recently purchased, and installed a new Garmin 160 depth/fishfinder unit, and am having a problem with duplicate readings. Set in auto mode and with gain either normal or reduced, I will get an exact same reading at double the correct depth. (ie. showing 8 ft. bottom in 20 ft. scale, I will have the same line showing at 16 ft.) I have checked and re-checked the transducer mount for level, and placement in the water. This occurs both moving or stationary, and there are no other electronics on board. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to what may be causing this to occur? THANX IN ADVANCE....

2 answers to this question

A double echo is cause by repeat readings off a hard bottom. It is a normal reading, if it bothers you try decreasing the range so it is no longer visible.

Rob