• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who are we? Post your Bios here!

Originally Posted By: dtro

Flathead Catfish is my fish of choice:

dtro

I just don't get this flathead thing. What the draw. They are one ugly fish - ;\)

TO

it was nice to meet you and fishing with you the past 2 weekends

but I do have to say - the Norwegians rule the water - grin.gif

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all...I don't get on here much anymore. I am the proud wife of Brian Jones(Fishing Guide on Cass).I have lived in Mn since 04' and I love it!Right now Brian and I live in Bemidji,Mn...I convinced him to buy me some land;)We use to live right on Cass Lake,I have an 8 yo daughter whom loves to go hunting and fishing with her dad as much as possible.I am not a die hard fan of fishing but I like to go musky fishing,and troll for anything else.Since I am from Ohio where the weather isn't as cold I am not a big fan of ice fishing unless we are in a nice heated house that I can get comfy in.Nice to meet you all...

Hi muskiegurl! That's great you're raising your daughter to love all that MN has to offer. I've never musky fished but hear it's a hoot. No woman has posted their stories/experience about musky fishing in our women's forum that I can recall! That's awesome. Can't wait to hear more from you muskiegurl. What the biggest musky you ever caught?

Dtro-great bio! How did you pull that thing thru an 8 inch hole?

TO: Dutch huh? Wow. Do you have wooden clogs and a passion for tulips? JUST KIDDING! grin.gif

I would agree 100% with DTRO. I started fishing the river a few years back for those ugly bottom feeders. Once one tangles with a fiesty flathead, one has a diffucult time not returning. Only problem I have now is I cannot leave the river and I'm always going back and have really limited my time on the lakes.

When we talk walleyes, the river can put out some great monsters also. last year alone, I pulled out my personal best of 11.5# on the Mississippi and caught numerous eyes from 8-10#'s on the Minnesota.

See you on the river Darren.

Originally Posted By: dtro

dtro

I just don't get this flathead thing. What the draw. They are one ugly fish - ;\)

Uh oh, this question could really be a thread capper so I’ll be brief…

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I think a catfish has a ton more character than say a walleye or largemouth bass.

Along the same lines, I don’t understand why people think they look ugly….what specifically makes people think that, the whiskers?

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
Tami

I lived at 102 18th Ave North and Marie. Thats approx 18 blocks up Marie from Concord street. Left SSP in 1970.

Yes, I remember when Armours and Swifts left SSP. Many lost their jobs at the packing plants.

Harvey

you didn't happen to know a Fritzie Turenne?

WOW! thats a lot of bios since i last looked. lisa see what you started. done good! its kind of cool to see the different walks of life everyone has yet all enjoy fishing.at first i thuoght we should limit it to just the bios and not chatter but you just keep learning more about people the more they pipe up. keep it coming.

Originally Posted By: glenn57
WOW! thats a lot of bios since i last looked. lisa see what you started. done good! its kind of cool to see the different walks of life everyone has yet all enjoy fishing.at first i thuoght we should limit it to just the bios and not chatter but you just keep learning more about people the more they pipe up. keep it coming.

Yea - Lisa started a pebble rolling and it'll be another Ayers rock befor it slows down \:D

It is a lot of fun getting to know everyone, and chat on a more personnal level. Fishing isn't everything ya know... OMG did I say that - shame on me, ....crazy.gif slap me someone \:o !!!

Hi everybody! My name is DeeDee, I'm not in Minnesota. cry.gif I grew up in Howard Lake about 30 minutes from the cities. In '83 my family moved me to Florida (I'm still mad at them for that mad.gif)But my heart has never left MN \:\( and I cant wait till I am able to move MY family up there. grin.gif

Hold on Lisa....I was just trying to send a response to Tami's note and the rest of my reply got lost. But, I think it would be ok if you slapped Tami twice for that comment.

Thanks Lisa, for starting this thread, It has been fun and interesting. Also thanks to you and Jim for the feedback on the photos. I'll try to get them posted under the photo threads.

Tami: You crack me up. Do you side-line as a stand up comic? A friend and I do alot of fishing together in the summer and we have alot of fun making up fishing songs to popular music while we're waiting fo the fish to bite. We've been talking about putting together a women's fishing show (the guys seem to have plenty of them). It would be part women's fishing (demonstrating techniques or luck depending on how you look at it), part singing and if you're interested, we could add you in for some comedy. What do you think?

In response to your comment about fishing not being everything. While it may not be everything, it's a whole lot of something fun!

DTRO: WOW on the catfish! Is it catch and release or do you have it hanging on your living room wall?

Thanks again Lisa, for your fun idea.

Originally Posted By: mnfishingal
DTRO: WOW on the catfish! Is it catch and release or do you have it hanging on your living room wall?

All the flatheads go back. I'm a 99% C&R guy but have no problem with a responsible selective harvest.

You gals ought to vist the catfish forum from time to time. There are all kinds of big cat pictures like that.

Some of them are even ones that I catch ;\)

Oh BTW, for those that don't know, Flathead catfish have the same anatomical properties as a mouse, when needed they can squeeze through a hole a tenth of their size.

It takes a little coaxing, but if you say "pretty please" you can get the biggest cat through an eight inch hole.

or.....it's possible that the picture was manipulated some way

I'll let you decide