• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who are we? Post your Bios here!

Hi FishinGirlMN. I just happen to know one of the Conservation Officers stationed in Saskatoon so with some advance notice, I could certainly arrange for you guys to communicate with regards to some waterfowl hunting.

If your travels ever bring you to southern Manitoba, you're more than welcome to join me for some prime time Canada Goose hunting. Hunting honkers is something that I really enjoy doing.

Being the local Game Warden, I'm fortunate to be able to generally get pretty good fields. I'm also part of a group that organizes an annual waterfowl shoot for youth hunters in the Oak Hammock area. Over the years, our group accumulated lay out blinds, decoys, etc. so all you'd need is your shotgun, camo and ammo.

A very good friend of mine is the Office Administrator for the Canadian office of Delta Waterfowl. I hunt with her husband quite often and I'm sure that she'd be more than happy to hunt with another woman in the party.

My office email addy is:

[email protected]

Let's do this next October. Pound geese in the morning and chase down large Red River walleyes in the afternoon. Deal or no deal?

Andre

Tami...huge walleye in the avatar. Wow!

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lisa (and all....)

My name is Denise. I'm mom to three great kids, all who are in their 20's. I grew up in Northwestern Mn and have lived in Mn and ND. Given that the magazines are saying that "40 is the new 30," that would make me about 36 \:D

For many years, my family and I spent a lot of time in the Park Rapids area with frequent trips to Itasca State Park and we explored a number of lakes in that area. I have been fortunate to be able to spend most of my summers now in the Detroit Lakes area, mostly fishing, hiking and taking nature photos. While in ND I enjoyed fishing Sakakawea, the Missouri River and Fish Creek which is a great little trout area.

Professionally, I have worked in human services my entire career. I have a masters degree in social work and have worked mainly in the areas of children's mental health and as a social worker for a hospice program, which has been an incredibly rewarding experience. I have many hobbies and interests, including fishing (of course), nature photography, water painting, hiking, canoeing, woodworking and gardening. I generally say that I am willing to try most anything once, except bunjie jumping and skydiving (there are probably a few other things that might cause me to take pause that just aren't coming to mind right now).

I thoroughly enjoy reading the posts on this site and have learned alot, so it is fun now to put a face with those of you who so willingly share of your expertise (and the comedy of errors while you are learning so we know what to avoid) \:\)

I have no idea how to post a picture on here but if someone gives me the directions, I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the great idea, Lisa.

Hi Denise! Steve Foss gives quite easy instructions on posting pics on here. Click here to get to this info! Please post pics!

I've only been to Itasca State Park once but was blown away at how beautiful it is. My favorite MN State Park is Gooseberry Falls. I grew up in rural Two Harbors and we camped there ALOT!

Your life sounds incredibly rewarding and super FULL! Thanks for posting-I wasn't sure if people would even want to! Don't you love hearing from our great FM forum folks?! grin.gif

Denise - Welcome.

I love Itasca state park, it would definitly be at the top of list if it weren't for the crowds. My partner and I have set a goal to get to ( and camp where there is camping ) every Minnesota state park, I think we are a 3/4 there. Some of my favorites are Scenic, Savanna and White Water. You'r life sounds full and interesting. My mother is in hospice and the nurses and social workers are the best, you all have a special calling for that. \:\)

reelemin:

Itasca is beautiful. I hope you make it there some day. If you think of it, send a message and hopefully we can connect during your visit. We've have had lots of fun there. I've also spent a little time in your neck of the woods (Grand Marais) and places along the North Shore. Although I've not explored the southern most parts of Mn, I think the North Shore and BWCA is about the most beautiful incredible treasure in the entire state.

Thanks for your kind words about hospice care. It is such a tremendous gift to be able to walk that walk with those who are ill and their families. Blessings to you and your mom during this most precious time.

Denise

I'm going to try to take a shot at posting a couple of photos. I apologize if the nature photos should be under a different forum. I thought I'd put a couple here, because they are a part of my fun life. I searched and found no photos of me with "the big one (or evena small one for that matter)." Although this is a fishing forum, that should not in any way be construded to mean that I am not a very good fisher person blush.gif It probably just means that there never seemed to be a camera around when we were catching fish.

>

>

onmyway-1.jpg

>

>

Mnfishingal you have a very good looking family and your wildlife shots look very nice so if you get a chance you should share them in the photography forum. If you would like to make them bigger import them at 800 X 600 and when they are in photobucket if you copy and paste the 2nd choice (direct link) and before you paste get rid of the HTTP: you will not have any text around your photos.

family07.jpg

Tom Hatlestad is my name and I live in Arlington,MN. I was born in Wisconson and raised in South St. Paul,MN. I have been married for 32 years to my lovely bride. We have 1 son and he is married and they have two children.

My son races dirt modified cars and I fish, hunt and love to spend time with my granddaughters. My wife also loves racing but can leave the hunting and fishing to me.

Hi all, My name is James I am 33 and I am from Roseau Mn, home of Polaris! I have been here for about 11 years now and have been fishing Lake of the Woods for around 20 or so years. This year I made my biggest fishing investment yet in a SnoBear so I spend nearly every waking minute of the weekends on the pond. I am not married never have been and begining to wonder if I ever will but I stay positive and "fish" as much as posible hoping to land the one! I have truly enjoyed getting to know all of you and love reading the forums. If your ever on L.O.W. and see a yellow SnoBear flag me down and say hi, I enjoy B.S.ing and meeting new people! GOOD LUCK!

Hi my name is Tom I am 36 and from Pittsburgh,PA. I have been married for 10 years with no children. I work as the lead process tech in an injection molding company and my wife is a PCT in a hospital. I have been a vol. fireman and my wife has been an emt for 16 years. I enjoy fishing in PA and have been fishing in MN. and canada every year since I was 9 years old with my father and mother

As much as I like to keep some things to myself...

My name is: Chris Hanson (or Hanson as I've been known since 6th grade)

Hometown: Crookston, MN although I now live & work in the Twin Cities

Marital Status: Ummm... yeah that would be Single.

College: NDSU

Transportation: GMC

Recreation: Arctic Cat

Boat: MirroCraft w/ Johnson

Fish: Flathead Catfish

Hunt: Deer & Waterfowl

Favorite Lake: Upper Red Lake

Favorite River: Minnesota River

Poison: Captain Morgan

Music: Taylor Swift & Tool (I cover it all ;\) )

Not sure what else to say... very creative, designer type mind that loves the outdoors. Fishing has turned into my second life behind my career since moving to the metro area. Alot of folks don't realize how good we have it in the metro for fishing opportunities... gotta get out and explore, its unbelievable! And I really love to share, help, and teach people about things I love to do, guess thats why I love this site so much!

Originally Posted By: reelemin
Hey Hanson - your avatar, next to my avatar is embaressing, cry.gif - for me -

nice fish, where you'd catch it?

That would be beautiful Cass Lake, MN. Last day of a 4 day trip trolling walleyes this fall, I believe it was October. She bit at 2am and I don't think I slept a wink after that. Hard to believe but that was my 1st muskie ever, and biggest too!

Quote:
Team Otter aka Jamison Vanden Einde

What a name TO! I like it! Has a certain air about it!

Denise, your family is beautiful and you need to post more in the Photosharing forum! I LOVE your signature BTW!!

Jeez Hanson did you have to write a book?? grin.gif Awesome bio! I didn't know you were an architect. Cool. Muskies scare me... eek.gif well at least until I get an avatar like that one! Avatar ENVY.

NAMA! Haven't heard from you in awhile. Gotta love the Snobear!

Walleye118, Welcome to FM Tom! You're gonna love it here! Wish my parents took me Canada fishing when I was little. I bet that's what started your love for fishing! Cool. grin.gif

Crazyice, your avatar kicks tail too. I gotta get me a big fish avatar!! mad.gif

My name is Darren Troseth, grew up on the Iron Range and beautiful Lake Vermilion where I started fishing at about 4 yrs of age…. I still think of that as home.

Married for 12 years…no kids, (my Beagle pretends to be a child every now and then.)

Currently living in Jordan and have for the past 7 or so years. Just a stones throw away from Hanson’s favorite river. ;\)

I kind of gave up on a big fish avatar, by the time I get the whole fish in, it looks like I’m a mile away. I end up with the head of the fish and that’s about it. \:\)

Flathead Catfish is my fish of choice:

52ps.jpg

Originally Posted By: harvey lee
Tom Hatlestad is my name and I live in Arlington,MN. I was born in Wisconson and raised in South St. .

Harvey lee

Tom where in So.St. Paul. I have many roots there, family, Armours Meat packing company crazy.gif