• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleyes of 2008!

Did Lake of the Woods for the first time Solo. The fish would not sit still and I had all kinds of problems with the camera but what a fun fish to catch. Used a red hook in 30 ft of water with 4 lb test. Line broke when fish got in the hole however her air sack was inflated so she could not go back down. Measured 25.5 inches

willy.jpg

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wide awake indeed, I always make sure I can feel them a bit before the set and that one felt like an anchor, it's tough to get settled down after that, makes for a long day when the adrenaline's flowing that early. Nothing better than the sound of the slow rattle, them eyes sure have a distinct ring to them,

Not for sure on the weight, I managed one a couple weeks before that, same length and was curious so I put that one on a scale, the scale was going back and forth between 9and a half or so and ten, I don't like to keep them out of the water for too long so I never got the exact weight on that one either, this one seemed to be a little bigger in girth, I don't get into the whole weight idea for a couple reasons, one it takes extra time to get them back, two you have to place another hook in em and three depending on the time of the year these fish can flucuate quite a bit, I could catch that same fish in the summer and my guess would be that it would weigh around 7, so I prefer the ruler, still searching for a 32", so I can move my goal to 33" The 30" got checked off the list when I was 12. Oh the insanity of fishing

Here's the first and only one I've ever caught through the ice.

Came from Sarah Saturday the first part of January. Hopefully I can get back there before the season closes.

Duane

( Note from Admin,please read forum policy before posting again,Thank-you.)

You aint kidding about the miles, the fatique shows. Couldn't muster up enough energy to smile. Very long day indeed. Might head back out that way in about 2 weeks before i head up to url.

Or maybe after the url trip when the perch really get going.

Duane

Here are a couple of eyes from this past week: The first "good one" was caught last Saturday, during a flury of little fish taking over: She was right at 24" then this past Sat. I got out for only 1/2 hour with a buddy who was all set up. When I arrived he was catching some little eyes, and I sat next to him: with one hole apiece: I tied on a chubby darter, and BAM! My biggest eye through the ice to date! This one measured just over 28" and was as fat as any I have caught! Both had a quick picture taken and were released to fight again!

28eyeix1.jpg

tonyeye3us1.jpg