• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils Master Sharpening Service (Now Authorized by Nils Master)

Yes, Nils Master blades will mount on any of the Nils augers of the same size   

New out of the box the Slick blades (black)  have a hair less bite to the ice then the Red blades.   Otherwise the biggest difference is only color. 

Sharpening will change the characteristics of the blade, after all your taking material off and altering it's profile.   The Nils Bud (head) was intended to be resharpened and reshaped.  If you were to only sharpen a Nils and send it out you could end up with a blade that isn't going to make someone happy.  There are factory tools for the final mount set for a new blade and they are spot on.   On ice testing allows me to make adjustments to a blade altered by sharpening and any other damage caused to the blade.

I do take into account the difference in cut between the Slick and standard Red when making adjustments.

The 8" Red w/PowerPoints should cut like the standard Red.  The reason for the powerpoints is to aid in centering at start or possibly overlapping holes which I can't attest to.   Any Nils in good cutting condition should start a clean hole with no skip out. If there is any skip out you'll notice other undesirable quirks with it's cut as well.

Thanks! That's the reason I was inquiring.  I tried cutting overlapping holes and it was pretty much impossible.  You need a point to center and steady the auger to get the hole started. I think when I buy a new cutting head, I'll buy the 8' power point head. 

Thank you all for the business over the past years and yes I'm still sharpening.

Here are the prices and details for sharpening.
10" Nils $30
8" Nils $25
6 and 4.5" blades $20
 Add to that the cost for return shipping back to you.
I prefer to use Priority Mail through the US Post Office.
So whatever it costs you to send me the blade, include that much for return shipping.
Include the payment of cash, check, or money order in the box with the blade along with a phone number.
Be sure the return address is legible. Also please package the blade so its not going to cut through the box.

Blades are sharpened, tested, adjusted, and sent back the same day I receive them.
If you have any questions feel free to call me at 218-7297941
Send Blade to:
Frank DeLuca
5382 Jentoft Rd
Saginaw, MN 55779

Thank You,
Frank DeLuca