• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Nils Master Sharpening Service (Now Authorized by Nils Master)

I sent Frank three blades on Feb Mar 14th and received them back Feb Mar 17 sharper than new. Now that is service! Thanks again Frank!!! smile

Will Duff

Now it's time to chase some late season lakers, first time I've had the blade sharpened in 8+ years, I'm not predicting any fish, but I'll predict a smile or two as I'm hand augering. smilesmile

Just an update to say the price to sharpen is still $20 plus the cost for return shipping.

So whatever it costs to send me the blade include that much for the return shipping.

I use the Post Office Priority Mail for return shipping. That seems to be the fastest way to ship and reasonably priced.

Blades are sharpened, test drilled, and sent back out on same day I receive them.

You can use Cash, Check, and Money Order for payment.

Feel free to email me with questions.

Send Blades To:

Frank DeLuca

5382 Jentoft Rd

Saginaw, MN 55779

I'd like the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken.

If I showed you I'd have to kill myself. smile

KFC chicken recipe:

1 TB ROSEMARY

1 TSP PEPPERMILL GRIND PEPPER

1 TB OREGANO LEAVES

1 TB PAPRIKA

1 TB POWDERED SAGE

2 TB GARLIC SALT

1 TSP POWDERED GINGER

2 TB ONION SALT

1 TSP MARJORAM

2 TB POWDERED CHICKEN BOUILLON OR 4 CUBES MASHED

1 1/2 TSP THYME

3 TB PACKED BROWN SUGAR

1 ENVELOPE LIPTON TOMATO CUP-A-SOUP

3 TB DRY MINCED PARSLEY

"There are actually 11 spices in the above combination but an additional 3 ingredients were necessary to derive that special flavor."

Place all ingredients in blender with on/off speed for 3 - 4 minutes to pulverize OR rub through a fine strainer. Store in an air-tight container so it will not lose potency. Makes about 3/4 cup mix. TO USE WITH FLOUR: Add 1-Oz mix to each cup flour in coating chicken.

winklaugh

Yes I'm still sharpening Nils and Fin-Bore blades.

Same procedure and same charge.

$20 to sharpen plus the cost for return shipping.

Priority Mail or Priority Flat Rate through the US Post Office is the fastest and cheapest way to ship. So whatever it costs to send me the blade include that much for return shipping.

Cash, Check, or Money Orders.

Send Blade To:

Frank DeLuca

5382 Jentoft Rd

Saginaw, MN 55779

WOW is all I can say about turn around time. I sent mine in on Tuesday (from the Metro area) and had it back at my door on Friday. The blade looks extremely sharp. I can't wait to start drilling holes with it. Now I have to put this blade on and send my other blade in (too nervous about the process to send them both in at the same time).

If you are like me and hesitant to send stuff through the mail, don't wait any longer. Frank is the real deal and delivers on what he says.

Thanks Frank!

Luv2fish

I guarentee you will love your blades when Frank is done with them. He is a bulldog when it comes to getting these blades razor sharp. Believe me my Ice kings found out the hard way and i didnt even notice til later in the day.Frank ice tests every blade before it gets shipped out so you know they are true and razor sharp. Man am I lucky he is my friend and only 20 minutes away!

How busy ar you frank? Got a couple I,m going to be sending up today. questions though do you have any better covers for the 8" ones the six inch works all right 8" just sucks. Have you heard of anyone putting the 8" cutting head on a strikemastet drill shaft. My thoughts with that are a clean hole. Thank you.

A while back I had my Nils 8" hand auger mounted to my Strikemaster powerhead. The blade protector broke off and the crew that did the mounting didnt realize how touchy the Nils blade can be and chipped both blades near the center point area. I sent these to Frank DeLuca (Surface Tension) on a Wed. He received on a Friday. He then called to tell me that he thought that there was little hope to salvage this blade, but he would give it a try and test it out. He called later Friday to tell me he was successful and shipped to me on Sat morning and arrived to my house on a Monday. Less than a week total. $20 bucks plus postage both ways! Nice and quick. This all happened prior to Christmas and two days ago I finally swapped out blades on my Nils and just as Frank said, it cuts just fine!

Nice work Frank. Quick service. I highly recommend this guy.