Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

X-15 GPS losing signal

2 posts in this topic

I know there have been way to many post on these X-15's, even as a owner I don't read all of them, but thanks to you who are reading this one. THe reason for this post it that My WAAS enabled GPS X-15 system has a mind of its own. I was in Canada last week and was in the middle of a Hail storm, flying down the lake, it work perfect, but when I am sitting still with no clouds in the sky it losses it's signal. It will work fine for 3-4 hours and then stop working for 20 minutes then work fine again. I am wonder if it is not a tech problem because once it loses its position it has never found it again and shortly there after "the gps module quits responding". Now I have about three things I am going to do before I get Lorwance involved.
1. I think that the GPS DATA transfer (attached to the power cable) Get wet in the Tape job I did and I need to re tape them

2. complete the newest Lorwance up date

3. I think My GPS reciever has somethng wrong with it like when the sun is directly on it it heats up and shorts out. SO I guess I would have to try a new one.

Is there any other Ideas out there?????

Thanks

Sounder

Losing signal is very common from what I hear!! Your about the tenth person Ive heard say this in the last week!! I have an X-15 and it loses waas occasionally! But no biggy there! I don't lose GPS signal though!! I have been told by a dealer that if you are losing signal there is a chip/card inside unit that comes loose! All you must do is call lowrance and they will give you shipping instructions! You will have a new unit in about 4 DAYS!! But don't mess around with your current unit, because it sounds like its messed up!! Just send it in!!

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• You don't have to be suspicious of religion at all. Spend some time at church, if it fits you great, if it doesn't, you move on.   I went through dozens before i found a home,   If you are going to cast a suspicious eye. Do not start with governing body or a religion.   Start with the family, as that is where all the pressure, guilt and brain washing starts.  
    • You'll still only be able to go so fast with tracks whether you're turning 2 or 4. Sure might add a little speed with just 2, but any incline or terrain, having only rear tracks is just going to get you stuck.
    •     What one did you get???
    • took to long but I finally  ordered the grill this morning!! looking forward to using it!! 
    • 2.20.17 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report   Hello from the NW Angle!   We still have lots of ice up here, however the snow pack is diminishing rapidly, especially with the warm temps and rain in the forecast.   On the Minnesota side, fishing away from structure seems to be most productive with target depth being from 22-30 feet. Gold continues to be the hot color. The amount of perch we are seeing in our buckets continues to increase.   Fishermen on the Canadian side are still reaching their crappie limit with ease, fishing holes between 29 and 35 ft. A variety of baits are producing including, wax worms, mustache baits and dead minnows.   Until next week, Sunset Lodge Ice Team
    • this thread is making me soooo hungry!!!!!!!!  great looking food guys!!
    •   True.  Trump doesn't either.   Like I said, we should be more suspicious of rulers and oppressors who use religion as a tool than the religion itself.    
    • We picked up a couple voles mid-last week, that must have come from our neighbor yard.  Once the neighbors snow melted, their nest was exposed and it is quite the elaborate colony too.  Got a deer mouse this morning also.   
    • The new minn kota 300d didn't have the two 20ga wires so just spliced the black  to black and red to white from the charging cables, hooked all the batteries back up and everything is working again.    
    •   Melania opens President Trump's campaign rally with Lord's Prayer..        
  • Our Sponsors