• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

X-15 GPS losing signal

Question

I know there have been way to many post on these X-15's, even as a owner I don't read all of them, but thanks to you who are reading this one. THe reason for this post it that My WAAS enabled GPS X-15 system has a mind of its own. I was in Canada last week and was in the middle of a Hail storm, flying down the lake, it work perfect, but when I am sitting still with no clouds in the sky it losses it's signal. It will work fine for 3-4 hours and then stop working for 20 minutes then work fine again. I am wonder if it is not a tech problem because once it loses its position it has never found it again and shortly there after "the gps module quits responding". Now I have about three things I am going to do before I get Lorwance involved.
1. I think that the GPS DATA transfer (attached to the power cable) Get wet in the Tape job I did and I need to re tape them

2. complete the newest Lorwance up date

3. I think My GPS reciever has somethng wrong with it like when the sun is directly on it it heats up and shorts out. SO I guess I would have to try a new one.

Is there any other Ideas out there?????

Thanks

Sounder

1 answer to this question

Losing signal is very common from what I hear!! Your about the tenth person Ive heard say this in the last week!! I have an X-15 and it loses waas occasionally! But no biggy there! I don't lose GPS signal though!! I have been told by a dealer that if you are losing signal there is a chip/card inside unit that comes loose! All you must do is call lowrance and they will give you shipping instructions! You will have a new unit in about 4 DAYS!! But don't mess around with your current unit, because it sounds like its messed up!! Just send it in!!