• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just called Timmie and they have 2.5 inches of black with 1 inch of white . . .they are in 5-6 feet of water and only had one 11 incher in the last 30 minutes . . .then the vibrations from the cell must have gotten them curious . . .Timmie said he had one on the screen and I heard "here he comes" and then silence. He called back in about a minute and said he caught a nice 13 incher and then said, hold on, here comes another . . . I'll post more later as I get a report or someone will . . . we should be on the ice!!!

Thanks for the update Frank! It wasn't gang busters today to say the least and we didn't see many or land any gills. We definitely did better deep but just didn't mark many fish during the day. If we kept 10" or better I probably had a dozen and Tim probably 15 or so. Ice was better where th guys have been fishing towards the basin where it was 2" of black and 4" of white. It's solid to shore no break throughs and about 6" of snow on top. Used Maki Plastics and spikes today. Great Fishing with you Tim and we shot the bull with Mohawk Valley Joe on the way in. Also saw Steve and Duane out there as well we caught fish anywhere from 32' to 38' of water.

Here's the pics..

1000876qm1.jpg

1000878pp6.jpg

1000879zj9.jpg

1000881if5.jpg

1000880vm3.jpg

1000882ua5.jpg

1000883es3.jpg

Nice fish guys nothing on fire but you at least caught fish cool.gifI hope to get out tomorrow and sunday before the warm spell comes through.

I heard there were guys off constansia today I don't know the thickness of the ice yet when i find out i will post.

yep good fishing with ya today Tim it was nice to shoot the bull a little as well. I fished for a little while longer after you left in 5 fow and caught 2 little 6" perch. left around 4:45 I guess everyone else in the deep water had a slow day as well. I also heard that a couple of sleds made an appearance on the ice just before dark shocked.gif crazies

Oneida lake ice is shot looks like we have to start over again crazy.gif.Maybe now it will make some good safe ice we need about a week of temps like the 2 days last week that we had.I don't know about the smaller lakes I am sure they were hit pretty hard also the next 2 days don't look good either might have to travel for the hard water or get the long rods out :(.

Hey, todd thanks for the good stuff about "LJ"...... I forgot to mention that I put the LX5 in his hole and showed him how to read it and watch the fish come up...... he was nice enough to let me use it for a few minutes after he caught two, when i was using the LX5 he was just running around the ice and i asked him why he wasn't fishing..... he say's.... I can't catch anything without that daddy!! Even a 6 year old believes in the power of the "5"!! HA!

Anyway here is a Pic of CNY Kyle with a 34incher from delta... he caught it before the Ice went to pot on us all....

Good fishin'!!!

f_Kylem_fc2c778.jpg

Hello all! I finally made the jump from lurker to member. Thanks Insurance Guy for the info about FM last year. Looking forward to getting out once the ice is back. Seems like there are enough kids in this site that maybe we could have a children’s day on the ice.

Thanks,

Aaron

Originally Posted By: Otis1
Hello all! I finally made the jump from lurker to member. Thanks Insurance Guy for the info about FM last year. Looking forward to getting out once the ice is back. Seems like there are enough kids in this site that maybe we could have a children’s day on the ice.

Thanks,

Aaron

Welcome aboard Otis \:\)

Aaron welcome aboard always a pleasure to welcome another NY'er on board here at our humble home. I like your idea of a kid's day on the ice. I usually reserve those trips for Sunday's unless my 8 yr. old Amanda throw's me under the bus like last Sunday to go shooping with her Mom. I'd rather have my gums scraped. grin.gif Welcome to Fishing Minnesota. Which reminds me my cell is 315--334-3208. When things start solidifying round here again use it. Looking forward to meeting you... That party barge of yours at Marion Manor is it available this weekend grin.gif;\)

Originally Posted By: Otis1

Thanks,

Aaron

Hey welcome aboard Aaron. Not many of us here but it's a good crew!

Welcome Lurkers...

Not exactly ice fishing but dont think we need a new open water thread till the end of march...

Got out the 12 footer(rod not boat that is) for some trout today. Caught 4 nice browns from 16-19 inches...

Nice temps and no wind!

p1100114fg6.jpg

First underwater pict with the new camera. Now I gotta learn how to hold the camera, hold the fish, take the picture, and not have my boot in the photo...

p1100118jw9.jpg

It would still be in the water if I had my way. But if I had my way it would be a Lund not a party barge! I hear you about the shopping thing, unless there's a tackle shop near by. I have two boys 14 and 9 and a girl 6. She loves to go ice fishing; the boys aren't as interested as they used to be. Girls! The group here seems like an awesome bunch, nice, small, and hard to find! I'll do my best to contribute. Anyone know if the barge or Oneida are open? I may take a ride tonight and see what I can find out.

Welcome otis I am sure we have probably crossed paths some where around the east end of the big O. I think the barge is open and the lake also.I also heard there might be a few waldos lurking around in oneida creek but thats just hear say its very possible. Welcome aboard grin.gif

Nice browny action there DC!! We used to go up to Cayuga and wade out off what they used to call Portland Point south of Meyers point and catch nice lakers in the winter casting white roostertails. The windier it was the better if you didn't freeze first on the cold days. That underwater picture is really something. Once you dial that in you'll have some SICK fish pictures. Hopefully you guys get back on the ice soon. cool.gif If not get the waders back out or bust out the boat and go troll up some landlocks!

grin.gifeek.gif Jay hold it a sec... John and I were talking this afternoon and he referred to tip-ups as anchors confused.gif

Anchor's away grin.gif

Hey that underwater camera of yours takes awesome pictures seems you'll have to come up with some different ways to get the shot's you want. but I know , you'll nail it down quick. Nice Brown.. What are you guys up to this weekend?