• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

Insurance - Nice pile of fish, good job!

If you havent gotten one already expect an e-mail from a moderator stating that that pict is against forum policy(I got one the other day). Apparently they dont want any "dumped bucket" or "stringer" pictures? The anti's have a field day and they dont want the headache....

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

took a ride to Cooperstown yesterday and around our favorite lake . . .4 shanties south end and 4 on the north end. The guys on the south got on at B road and then went north about 4oo yds into 30+ feet of water; out where Tank likes to go. The guys north went on at the Lake House and were smack dab in the middle. No one off the beach or launch. One guy with tip ups at the marina area on the southwest side. Otsego is wide open. Was at a bar for a Guinness and the bartender said she caught a 24 inch walleye off the docks downtown. Oh yeah, 6 guys on the small pond east of Richfield Springs; no one in the swamp on the north side of the road. Today around Delta, several out in the middle along the channel across from the west side cove. Also about a dozen on the campgrounds side all the way and in the channel. Redfield is high and ice and snow covered . . . no one anywhere . . .would not trust it at all. I think next week is a go.

Here's Todd's report he did alot better today than yesterday. Good job Todd...

Fished at tuscurrora did allot of hole drilling did some picking out of each hole allot of dinks. came across a spot where the fish were al little more concentrated got 15 perch and one big hoey grandie

picture001bn1.jpg

picture003pw1.jpg

Todd - I wanted to post the third picture it was a dandy grin.gif but I don't want the PETA basturds having any fire power

Slip Bob - Hey budddy way to go! Left you a message but you must have been busy rippin lips wink.gif

Not much going on today just praying for an Indy victory tonightcool.gif

ENY Tyler - Hey did you and Bud get out today?

Thats ok tim I understand it was good talking to you yesterday thanks for posting for me.I have today and tommorow so I am going to do it again this morning.My buddy Rich and his buddy is going this morning also the snow is packy hopefully it wont be to bad traveling.I will let them make me a trail out to the spot thats one thing nice about GPS wink.gif.Are you working today Tim?

PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC grin.gif

We got about 6" of snow here, 1 hour delay reporting for work, got all the snow blowing done. Well Indy lost so the Browns season is done. I am very happy with the turnaround to go from 4-12 to 10-6 show's more progress than I would have believed. Hopefully they will reload with $30 mil under the cap it will be interesting who stays and whom goes. Tyler leaves this a.m. to go back to LaJeune. I am going to pick him up in a little bit and were gonna get hair cuts and then breakfast and off to the bus station. It will be a longer wait before we see you junior again frown.gif Well miss him...

Quote:

Insurance - Nice pile of fish, good job!

If you havent gotten one already expect an e-mail from a moderator stating that that pict is against forum policy(I got one the other day). Apparently they dont want any "dumped bucket" or "stringer" pictures? The anti's have a field day and they dont want the headache....

I couldn't get the pic resized so I yanked it anyway! Yesterday afternoon was more of the same. Between the 3 of us I think we did around 70 crappies and 3 real nice walleyes. Pretty much nonstop jigging action from 1 til 5 cool.gif Nice rappin with ya today Timmy!! Supposed to get 6" more snow tomorrow afternoon on top of the 10" we got last night crazy.gif

Gonna keep it local tomorrow John.... Todd and I are going to Erieville where Todd's been fishing lately. Were gonna chop it up and see where there hiding. Should be there around 0730. We have more snow coming anywhere from 1-4" by 7 p.m. tomorrow. Hopefully a double low over the top us will help make the fish bite... I guess the walking ain't to bad there they only got 5" of snow.. If you can climb out the garden that's where will be Frank... wink.gif

Well Cindy and I got out for a couple hours, she wanted to try out her new Blue Suit, which she did love..

[image]http://www.dropshots.com/USMC130FE#date/2007-12-30/10:30:47[/image]

web page

Hope this worked... Fishing was ok, a bunch of small gil's but Cindy learned fast and was self sufficient in no time. Worst part of the trip is I think I lost my Marcum. Timmy help!!!! I might need to order another LX-5.

Tight Lines all, and A Happy New Year.

Steve

Got on Silver Lake yesterday at Macks and walked to within 200 yards of the open water still in the mid lake section. Set up in 26FOW, and marked perch almost the whole time there. The trouble was mostly all were under 8"mad.gif. I must have caught 70-80 of those small ones, but I did manage four 12" hogs! Sight fished for about an hour before I left and got a few small gills. The ice was safe and solid at 5" thick!!!

1007937ls1.jpg

1007945sp7.jpg

1007951rp3.jpg

10079431qm9.jpg

Got to within about 200 yards of open water and I said that is far enough!!

1007952nn4.jpg

Frankie, this is for you!!!

1007941sp6.jpg

Nice talking to you Frank.. Well we didn't set the world on fire but we managed about a dozen keepers but they were released to fight again. Fished two lakes and cut a few holes and never had a concentration of fish all day. Erieville ice was pretty good at around 4 to 4.5" Todd we picked up about 2.5" of snow here and it's still falling. We had a good time and that's what matters we just couldn't find any holes that were consistant. Fished from 5' to 38'.. Her'e some nice pics of some early perch action brought to you by the white maki wink.gif

Here's a couple of keepers on the maki...

1000867eq3.jpg

Mmmmmm Maki....

1000868me6.jpg

Here's Todd with some nice ones..

1000869th2.jpg

El Grandeous Hooey!

1000870rh6.jpg

1000871cm0.jpg

1000872ys3.jpg

1000874kv8.jpg

1000873ea3.jpg

Another nice Hooey Grande

1000875kp2.jpg

Good job guys!! I wasn't fishing to far from you and caught about 100+ 9"-10" gills from from 2-4pm. I only kept a few and got pictures of them but they are in a pile on the ground and I read that they don't want them posted like that. It was a good day and the only way to get them to bite was with the trap closed and you had to reactivate the glow after every fish. They would see it coming down glowing and you could see them come out of the weeds (on Marcum) 15' down and meet it at 8'. It was the first time I really got to see how the Marcum really help me catch fish. If I put it any deeper then 8' they would only come and look at it then back off but if it was high in the water they would charge it really fast like they wanted to eat it before they got eaten by a few of the big pickerl in the area.

Way to go Lee! Get the digital out and lay out a few of those piggies bro...

Talked to Fishingking on the ice this a.m., were fishing C Friday. Ice conditions still spotty 2-4" with 12" of snow on top, going light as possible, see you @ 6 a.m. Asked him about bringing a shovel forget it, Once you pop a hole and get settled in immediately a 1/4" of water is flooding the hole area. Looks like the cold last night didn't do very much. crazy.gif

Quote:

Talked to Fishingking on the ice this a.m., were fishing C Friday. Ice conditions still spotty 2-4" with 12" of snow on top, going light as possible, see you @ 6 a.m. Asked him about bringing a shovel forget it, Once you pop a hole and get settled in immediately a 1/4" of water is flooding the hole area. Looks like the cold last night didn't do very much.
crazy.gif

Timmy, that sounds a little iffy ice conditions bro...I wouldn't do that. Spotty 2-4 inches of ice with 12" of snow on top, then you drill a hole and water comes up? Stay safe!! Again, I wouldn't do that blush.gif

Jay,Bill and I fished whitney point this afternoon.Not much happening.We got 6 keepers 2 crappie and 4 perch.5 1/2in of measured ice.Had to stay in the pond area as the channel had open water in it this week.

Quote:

Quote:

Talked to Fishingking on the ice this a.m., were fishing C Friday. Ice conditions still spotty 2-4" with 12" of snow on top, going light as possible, see you @ 6 a.m. Asked him about bringing a shovel forget it, Once you pop a hole and get settled in immediately a 1/4" of water is flooding the hole area. Looks like the cold last night didn't do very much.
crazy.gif

Timmy, that sounds a little iffy ice conditions bro...I wouldn't do that. Spotty 2-4 inches of ice with 12" of snow on top, then you drill a hole and water comes up? Stay safe!! Again, I wouldn't do that blush.gif

Ice on C what ice on C shocked.gif BJI the ice is nice just don't stand to close to each other (as the ice would crack and make some funny sounds) only had to move a couple times as swimming (1"-3" of water) inside the shanty in 32degree water gets old real fast grin.gif