• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice fishing 2007-2008

• Replies 924
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

BigjohnneyIce, I just got off the phone with Timmy he wants to thank you for the peanut butter tet-r's they are

Todd, I haven't been on here in awhile, so I need to get caught up....I went through a two-week sick thing with a severe sinus infection thing. mad.gif

Glad to hear Timmy is doing Ok...I just made up some of those peanut butter jigs a couple of nights ago blush.gif

DC and Tank: Nice catch guys! First ice fever...I got on Braddock's Bay up here for a couple of hours and got into some so-so perch. It was nice to be out!

Quote:

Bigjohnny, any word on Ice at silver?? Gonna be there over x-mas and wondering if i should take the stuff with me??

I can't make any calls on the ice on Silver at this point...they are getting a lot of snow right now. A lot of snow on top of non-safe ice will not do any good. The long term forecast calls for COLD, though. I would at least bring your stuff. I am off that whole week, so I'll be there if things get safe...especially at the south end shallow by Macs wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

BigJohnny,I am glad to see your health is better Thats cool.gifthat you got on the hard water and fired up that Marcum wink.gif.Hopefully we can hook and do some hard water fishing.I know it will be limited when you can get out hopefully timmy and I can do a road trip out that way.Hows the fishing at cuba have you ever fished it?

Dad, myself and Billy got out this afternoon. Fish were not as suicidal as the other day but they were there to be worked and we caught plenty. Probably hit it in the morning before the storm wrecks our world...

Sorry no picts with a backround. Its a small lake and too many lurkers out there

Thunder - This am was a repeat, 3 of us did about 60-75 fish each in 4 hours. Kept some nicer ones and educated the rest. They we on fire first thing then slowed down, misses alot today as they were not inhaling things. I have been useing just plastic and feather creations field testing some new concoctions of mine. Ice is pushing 4 inches but mostly white ice. We are in the 5-9 inch snow band as of now. Some of the lakes that dont have is yet this wont hurt, others will be a mess...

Da*n Tank . . .do you have to smile so much!! LOL Great pics and those pictures of the Marcum in action are great. I used them to explain to Cindy what she can expect to see when she goes ice fishing!! I couldn't tell if she was impressed or not . . .LOL. Tank, thanks for the advice on the travel back north . . .took 8.5 hours but at least I was not in a ditch in PA!!

DC,

That looks like a lot of fun...thanks for sharing the pics. We got a lot of snow here up in Greece, but I hope it doesn't hinder the ice making in the Finger Lakes region as well as Silver Lake.

FK: Let me know if Lake C is good to go...I didn't make it there last year at all (bad snow/ice conditions) but the year before I made it 3 or 4 times. It would be worth the 3 hour drive for me for some of those nice perch. grin.gifgrin.gif

Quote:

DC,

That looks like a lot of fun...thanks for sharing the pics. We got a lot of snow here up in Greece, but I hope it doesn't hinder the ice making in the Finger Lakes region as well as Silver Lake.

FK: Let me know if Lake C is good to go...I didn't make it there last year at all (bad snow/ice conditions) but the year before I made it 3 or 4 times. It would be worth the 3 hour drive for me for some of those nice perch.
grin.gifgrin.gif

sounds like a plan let me know when you wantta come gonna try to get out there this weekend. I would also like to try Silver for its gills/perch action sometime smile.gif

Timmy - Dad and I were into fish pretty thick today. Fish were a little picky till an hour before dark, we fished for an hour after sundown. I brought the camera today and played "keep away from the bluegills, catch a crappies". Was neat seeing the action on plastics with the camera...

Wow! - I called and you were in bed at 7!!! I had a nice chat with your wife wink.gif

Todd and I put a little late evening swarray together on the sm. side of morraine for some catch and release panfishing Saturday from 9 a.m. till whenever?. Left messages for CNY Bruce and Tuzzy. So far August West from IS and Fishingking, my daughter Amanda and Todd will be there. Come on out if you don't have plans...

Quote:

Todd and I put a little late evening swarray together on the sm. side of morraine for some catch and release panfishing Saturday from 9 a.m. till whenever?. Left messages for CNY Bruce and Tuzzy. So far August West from IS and Fishingking, my daughter Amanda and Todd will be there. Come on out if you don't have plans...

Timmy, good to see you back from the big trip and it sounds like you had a great time out there. Looks like a nice day on the ice coming up for Saturday. I'm going to start icefishing next weekend and once we get some good ice at our favorite lake down there we'll meet up for some fishing. I pulled all the good GPS coordinates off the Lowrance from my summer walleye trolling expeditions that I think will be real good this winter for perch and eyes or at least give me some good starting points to work from. wink.gif

John,I have had good luck with coordinates that I marked with my hand held GPS when on the ice.I usally dont have to venture too far from them cool.gif some times nada but you don't know unless you try.Good luck be safe out there

PS hows that kitchen coming along?