• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Reel for Ultralite

Question

5 answers to this question

I have an Shimano Sedona 500 that seems to work really nice. The 1000 size Shimano spinning reels might be a better choice if you plan on casting alot. The bigger spools do not coil the line as much as the little ones. Or at least the coils are bigger and do not tend to mess your rig up with birdsnests and such after a couple hundred casts with microlite lures.

I also have an Cardinal AG-1. The anti-reverse is temperamental, but otherwise it's a decent reel. If you're willing to spend a more the Diawa Tournament SS700 is one of the best there is and could be used on UL to medium action rods. 3 different reel repair folks I've talked to never see the SS Tournament reels. It doesn't have instant anti-reverse, but it's something like a 40 point pickup so it's just about the same.