• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

metro are taxidermist

tjwierz2

Question

Can anybody suggest a good, reputable taxidermist in the metro area ?
I've never caught anything worth mounting before....(and with my luck, probably never will grin.gif )
My 14 year old just got back from Great Slave Lake and brought a 43" 21# Northern back as a souvenir.
Sounds like they had a GREAT trip......
Now I have to find someone to take it from my freezer to his wall...... wink.gif
I'd sure appreciate any recomendations !
If you can't post the info please email me @
[email protected]
Thanks in advance !
Chris

5 answers to this question

Sounds like a nice fish!
My family has has good luck with Mid-America Taxidermy in Savage/Shakopee area
(on hwy. 13). I've seen their fish, deer, and fowl and its all been impressive.
Good luck.

Slotfish,
Thanks for the reply. You're the third person so far that's recomended MidAmerica. I've already called them and will probably use them soon unless I hear any better suggestions.
Thanks again for the reply !
This forum sure is great for questions like these!
Chris

If you use them, don't expect your mount back anytime within 6-8 months. They are very busy, but sometimes I think they take on more work than they can handle. I would expect probably 1 year lead time right now.

The best place to find these guys is to go to the sports shows and see the mounts they have on display, some really nice work at these shows!

------------------
fisherman2.gif

[This message has been edited by Grabs (edited 06-17-2002).]

So far the best taxidermy I've seen is from Walton's Wildlife Studio in Harris, MN (651)-674-2949. Dan does phenominal work, well worth the wait and extra drive! If you want plain old fish on a stick he's not the guy, but I have a 8# bass he did that you would think your looking at it picking up the bait underwater. I can't sing his praise enough!
He also has a sandwich shoppe with phenominal mounts well worth a look!

Can anybody suggest a good, reputable taxidermist in the metro area ?
I've never caught anything worth mounting before....(and with my luck, probably never will grin.gif )
My 14 year old just got back from Great Slave Lake and brought a 43" 21# Northern back as a souvenir.
Sounds like they had a GREAT trip......
Now I have to find someone to take it from my freezer to his wall...... wink.gif
I'd sure appreciate any recomendations !
If you can't post the info please email me @
[email protected]
Thanks in advance !
Chris