• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Guitar Hero

Sandmannd

Am I the only geek that loves this game. I'm a musician and thought it would be the dumbest game ever. I got talked into getting Guitar Hero II, played and and went out and got the first one. Then I got the Encore and today had to go out at lunch and get III. Anyone else think this is one of the coolest games to play? Can't wait for Band Hero.

I've lost plenty of sleep as well with GHII

will be getting GHIII tomorrow probably. The song list is really good for III and should be a fun time.

I had the pleasure of sitting next to a developer of the GH series during a poker game one time.

Sure was fun to hear some of the inside stuff.

He told me of all the games he's been involved with though that COD4 has him the most excited.

I am 32 and felt like an old man at Wal-Mart saturday night at midnight getting mine. I got a Wii and was only the second one getting the Wii version at about 12:15, I was a little surprised at that. Bad thing, I stink at it, but my wife is awesome at it. I asked her the other night where she'd played it before, and she said she hadn't, I was amazed. She beat Tom Morello in the guitar duel the first time.

I have guitar hero 1&2 and about 9 guitars.I have 4 daughters and they play these all winter,I stink at it but really enjoy xbox...all the cabelas hunting games.The african safari hunting elephants is awesome when they charge you.My daughters also like the dance dance revolution games and play them as much as the guitar hero games.

Quote:

After owning GH II and trying to master these songs, you ALOT more respect for the people who can play for real.

I've heard from actual guitar players that this game is harder than playing a real guitar. LOL!

We have the GHII for PS2. Played it through the medium mode. Anything higher is just too difficult for me. Just can't seem to get down using 5 buttons... 4 is challenging enough. With 5, I always seem to lose my finger placement and screw up the majority of the song.

It is harder than a normal guitar. The thing is it doesn't always go exactly with the feel and some of the chord changes do always make sense. Still real fun though. I got through the first three in medium last night and beet my first challange. Way fun.

I picked up GH3 for the 360. First time ever playing it, there is the initial fun factor but like the wii I anticipate boredom with it. Callof Duty 4 has me excited as the beta was great.

I have beaten all the songs on easy thus far including all the songs that you need to purchase. The deul with the devil was pretty darn challengig, about 10 tries into it I was ready to throw the guitar thru the TV.

My favorites on it are, Slipknot, Metallica, and Rage against the machine. but most of the songs are really good.

me and my roomates spent many drunk nights playing the origanl guitar hero back when it first hit the scene, we'd start playing around 8 or 9ish, pretty soon it was 3am and i couldnt walk anymore but i could still rock out on that guitar smirk.gif

Quote:

After owning GH II and trying to master these songs, you ALOT more respect for the people who can play for real.

Quote:

I've heard from actual guitar players that this game is harder than playing a real guitar. LOL!

Let me be the first actual guitar player to say that Guitar Hero is definetly NOT harder to learn that a real guitar.

I got GHIII on Sunday morning. It has some great songs and some great improvements over the previous versions. I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer yet, but from the boss battles I think it will be a lot of fun. I got the wireless version for PS2 and sometimes I wonder how accurate it is. I'm considering taking it back if I can for the wired version. As for my progress, I cannot beat Devil Went Down to Georgia on hard and I'm stuck on Holiday in Cambodia on expert.

so yeah.....they bumped up the difficulty on this a bit for "medium". I could probably squeak by with three stars on "hard".

Anyone with 5 stars on "expert" has way too much time on their hands....that is just insane.

Love the playlist, in fact I might pick up the soundtrack at BB to add to my MP3 playlist.

If anyone want's to "duel" online, let me know

I picked it up the other day. I got stuck on the Morello duel (on medium). Couldnt beat him in 4 tries. My 8 year old daughter beat him 2 out of 3 tries. The other night I beat slash, but it took a few 'restarts'. wink.gif

Quote:

Seems like the more drunk you are the better you do at the game
tongue.gif

There is a definate fine line for me. I do very well between 3-5 beers, anymore and I start to mess up a lot. Sweet Child of Mine is my favorite song but don't try to impress anyone playing it on hard when you're in the bag!!!!

Quote:

so yeah.....they bumped up the difficulty on this a bit for "medium". I could probably squeak by with three stars on "hard".

Anyone with 5 stars on "expert" has way too much time on their hands....that is just insane.

Love the playlist, in fact I might pick up the soundtrack at BB to add to my MP3 playlist.

If anyone want's to "duel" online, let me know

I hear ya, wasn't sure if it was just me that it was harder on. Would love to play you online. I haven't done that before with GH and have a PS2, is that what you have, does it matter?

I have on the 360, so no that won't work.

Just beat "Lou" on Med. First try.

Two nights and about 6 hrs........probably the quickest I've ever beat a game. I guess it's different catergory, but I would like to see another couple hours worth.

BTW, go to youtube and search "Raining Blood Expert" that is just totally insane.

Just played guitar hero III online on my ps3 and think its pretty cool.I stink at the game so i got my behind kicked,but it was fun none the less.Bad thing about guitar heroIII on the ps3 is the only way to get a second guitar right now is buy 2 of the bundle packages and sell the extra game on hsolist.Anyone else play guitar hero III on the ps3 online?If so what do you think of it?

Through the Fire and the Flames is another crazy one to see on expert. I can stumble through it on medium, but not on hard. I haven't even bothered with expert yet. It's a fun song to play though, provided you don't cramp up before finishing it.

What's the point? When I want to get that guitar hero feeling I go down into the basement, fire up the crown poweramps and some EAW monitors, warm up the Mackie, take out the stratocaster, plug it into the Marshall, let the tubes warm up for a bit, hit the play button on the DAT deck, hit that first cord and jam along. The feeling of a a set of good powertubes pushing 8 12" greenbacks still gives me goosebumbs. For a little while I kid myself that I am Jimi, I am god, I am the guitar hero.

When I want to make money I play bass laugh.gif

The point for those that can't play guitar or bass is to get a little bit of the rush you feel. Not all of us have the time to learn or money to buy the equipment. I want to learn to play soon, maybe this summer. But until then, I've got Guitar Hero.