• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with Lake Master software

Question

I have the Lake Master CD and have been trying to down load waypoints o my Gamin Map 12 and it keeps locking up my computer. I move the waypoints to the transfer then select them and hit export waypoints and my computer comes up with a message say that it’s attempting to open a connection with the GPS and that’s were it stalls I have used this before to transfer waypoints and had the same problem but after I reset my computer once or twice it transfers the waypoints. Does anyone now what I am doing wrong.

------------------
greg Hyovalti

5 answers to this question

A while back I heard of some general ugliness of running LakeMaster on Windows ME.

I run it on Win 98 with absolutely no problems, using a garmin GPS 12.

Does anyone have any recommendations for graphics cards with Lakemaster?? Mine is sloooooowwwww especially when viewing a large portion of Mille Lacs.

Thanks

TL

Hey LundExplorer, it may not be your graphics card that is slowing you down but rather your ram. How much ram do you have?
By the way I have lakemaster on my system with ME and have had no problems as of yet.

I had problems on 2000 also. I switched to XP and not a problem. It even loads faster for some reason. I have a feeling your problem is related to ME. You should call the people at Lakemaster, they have been very helpful.ScottS