• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about the new Honda

Question

I was drivin along this weekend out on a lake by annandale and my new Honda 4 stroke 15 Horse started smokin white smoke pretty bad then it started to die. I slowed down, put it in neutral waited and went again, then it was perfectly fine. This happened to me twice this weekend, both times when I had it cranked all the way open. I also checked that it had oil pressure and water was flowin through. Does it just start running too rich at full throttle or what? Or is it because its only got about 15 hours on it? If no one can figure it out I guess I'll have to bring it back to the dealer but I'd really hate to have to bring it back in the middle of the season.

1 answer to this question

I've got the same motor, but a '95 model. It appears Honda hasn't changed them a bit.

I have never experienced that problem! Wow! I've had smoke blow out of my old riding lawnmower like that (oil blows into the cylinder when I mow steep inclines). Might want to have that looked at. Pull and check the spark plugs and see if there is any oil residue. The plugs should be slightly brown and no sort of residue or carbon build up.

Have you changed the oil on this motor after the break in period? Might want to....