Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
delmuts

Boat/Motor Maintenance

depend on how much you use the boat. if it is new then the lower unit should be good for a while. if it is used i would suggest changing the oil just to be sure. check it for clearity( if it is a milky colored then you have water in the oil)don't be shocked if you have fine shavings on the plug. anything other than fine shavings, not a good thing .i only change my oil once a year, but don't get to use mine much. give it grease once a year ,pull the prop off after several times of use.( this is to check for any fishing line that may have gotten around the shaft. not good for the seals. )i change plugs and fuel filter once a year. if you contact the manufacturer they may send you a manual free. hope this helps a little. del

I picked up a Fishhawk 1750 with a 115 Johnson last year. This is my first boat and I am not sure on what needs to be done as far as maintenance goes. I've taken it in to get the ports tuned after the first 20 hours on the motor, but that is about it. I just read a post where a fella mentioned that he changed his lower unit oil 3 times so far this year and got a little scared that I am not maintaining my motor well enough. What types of maintenance should I be doing and how often is recommended???

Capt'nJosh

OMC used to supply owner's manuals with all the recommended service guidelines. Since I believe mechanical equipment should be as reliable as possible (especially since I've put so much time in on Lake Michigan) I let my dealer handle the schedule -- he is one I know and trust.

For a quick check on lower unit, however, it is easy enough to open for a couple drops and check color and clarity of the fluid. If it is clean and clear you are OK. If it is milky or "muddy," you'd better change it.

I believe, too, the most critical period is winter. Proper winterization service can add years to motor life.