• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water reports - Fall 2007

Awsome pics john cool.gifwink.gif where did you guys stay? when I icefished up there that was average size fish what a blast pulling them through the ice wink.gif.We kept some fish to eat while we were there supriseingly they were real good.They have perch to eat thats probably why they were good eating.If you go up again in the future I have a place where we stayed the people were nice and the cottages were nice also fully furnished.Im glad you guys got into some nice fish.I hope to meet you on the ICE this year we can talk about it. Todd

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Todd. We stayed at a house near Picton that was set up for us by Merland Park resort. No dock so I had to just moor the boat off shore a bit and wade out with hip boots but it worked out fine. Next time I would try and stay at the resort itself where they have some docks but they have been booked solid since September ooo.gif I've never seen so many beautiful fully decked out walleye boats in one place before.

Quote:

John,

Wow AWESOME fish there buddy. Looks like you all did well and I'm glad for you. Cindy say's congrat's also! Can anybody say ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Thanks Steve and Cindy!! I think the boat will have to be put away next week now that it's getting cold mad.gif I love to icefish as much as anybody but I was hoping to have another warm December to keep trolling but it doesn't seem like it's going to be that way this year!

Beutifull fish! Nothing like fishing a spot knowing you have a real good chance that the next fish is your biggest ever...

Similar to the Niagara - we did 12 fish one afternoon with the smallest at 6.5 with a 12 and 10 pounder boated. grin.gif

GF and I went for a weekend getaway to Niagara Falls this weekend. Stopped sat at B3b's for a visit and some great lasagna(Thanks Pearl)on the way out. Was neat seeing the falls with ice and snow. Sunday morning we had 4-5 inches of fresh stuff...

Heres some picts from the trip...

View from our hotel room...

dsc00678lv3.jpg

Falls at night with colored light on em...

dsc00672xi3.jpg

Fresh snow in the morning...

dsc00681mn1.jpg

Standing where you shouldnt...

dsc00689fq1.jpg

Frankie - You could see the falls from the hot tub if you were in the right position...

Mist from the falls had put about an inch and a half of ice on everything...

dsc00688hs2.jpg

Thanks for sharing those shots bro. That last one looks like you would need creepers just to be upright, look at that ice on the railings. Did you see that mountain cat that lives outside Bill's place?

Man I'm just getting settled back in after our weekend in Bushkill, PA., the drive back was and adventure Sunday morning. Amanda's dance troupe won 3 first places in Ballet, Jazz and Acro and finished 2nd behind Horseheads in Tap. Pretty cool except for the ride.. Rosa doesn't have school tonight, rescheduled due to snow so were probably going to look for a Xmas tree. Busy week...

DC,

It was great to see both of you.

You forgot to get some of that Mahogany. I'll pick through as I'm getting firewood and get you some nicer pieces if your not in a hurry, or I can send some "OK" pieces if you need them right away.

To bad you didn't go to the Falls in the summer, you could have done some hot trolling off the "Maid Of The Mist".

Well Timmy, I guess I'm probably the only guy still out with a boat around here but I took the Lund out last night into Stoagie country and just pounded the walleyes! Surface temp in finally down below 40 which is the trigger for the big bite at that lake. Got a beautiful 5 fish limit in just over an hour once in got dark at 5pm. They were just ripping into those Rouges like a pitbull on a chicken grin.gif Heading back out tonight and will probably have to bust through a little ice at the ramp but nothing the Lund can't handle cool.gif

Quote:

They were just ripping into those Rouges like a pitbull on a chicken
grin.gif
Heading back out tonight and will probably have to bust through a little ice at the ramp but nothing the Lund can't handle
cool.gif

That's funny stuff there. grin.gif Awesome job John, you always close the open water season with a bang... Way to go on the quick limit... wink.gif

Thanks guys. I think tonight was it for the open water. Did some chopping to get the boat in tonight and by tomorrow I'll be iced out!!!! crazy.gif Took my buddy Jack out and we trolled a couple hours and did 6 good ones. Took 2 24"ers and the rest were 19" or so. Surface temp down to 36. You can see the bait of choice floating in the livewell that one coughed up grin.gif You don't want to be a little sunny swimming around in that lake at night grin.gif

20071206_0003.jpg

I think the next trip out for me will involve some icefishing!!!

Ice was not quite ready so Dad and I hooked up the Missing Link and hit the river shortly after noon. Moved around and picked fish here and there. Ended up boating 13 fish, mostly 16 inchers with a 21, 20, and an 18. 35 degrees and not to bad when we started. Before 4ish things were freezing up good.

Tank working two rods...

dsc00703wh3.jpg

Soup de jour - jigs and minnows...

dsc00704sa2.jpg

He wacked the two best fish back to back...

dsc00705vy1.jpg

A fair amout of ice flowing...

dsc00706ix9.jpg

Sunset right before we left. Water temp was 34 and jelling...

dsc00707rv5.jpg

Meg playing camera shy...

dsc00712nh5.jpg

Nice fish guys looks like you got a few chunky ones looks like you guys had a good time.Tank looks satisfied cool.gif,Im going to stand on some hard water today hopefully get some nice pics grin.gif.My camera man is on vacation this week maybe I will try to post pics myself confused.gifgrin.gif