• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Open water reports - Fall 2007

Todd here's a little something from Steve...

Timmy and Todd,

Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you so very much for all the help and info that you both had provided. You really made the trip for us and it was great to put Cindy on some fish, she had a blast!! I cannot believe that I didn't take pictures of our trip but will on the next trip. Would definately of been great to have a pic of Cindy with her first ever walleye, which is a story in itself. She was just casting, kind of going through the motions not really expecting anything to bite. Well Mr. Waldo smacks the bait literally just before she lifts it out of the water. The squeal she let out and the "plea for help" was priceless to say the least. I think she is hooked and will make a fine fisherwoman, not to mention the fact that now she's already talking about the next trip up.

Todd,

It was great to finally meet you and put a face to a name. I hope that all of us can share the water and the ICE in the near future. I have an idea for you as your interested in buying a Lund like mine. If I park my boat by your house or somewhere else secure like we talked about in the near future I'll let you take her out on a few trips so you can see how she fishes and such so you can have a first hand knowledge with them. I'd hate for you to buy one and not like something about it, like I wish I would have gotten the 75 or 90 hp just so I can go faster . Just an offer, let me know what you think!

Timmy,

Thanks again for everything, its truely appreciated. You can count on seeing me and us up there again soon. Cindy wanted me to tell you that the picture isn't very flattering but you can tell she isn't "fat" by the size of her hands....LOL . She also wanted me to say that she had on 2 shirts and 2 sweatshirts plus my Gortex jacket. I don't know why women are so worried about that stuff LOL.

Anyway's just wanted to say thanks to both you and Todd for helping me make it a great weekend for Cindy.

Take care and tight lines.

Steve

Steve Greving

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tim,

Thank you for posting my reply on here. Unfortunately I'm unable to get on here at work so I'm very limited to when I can reply. Just to let you know again Cindy and I had a great time and WILL be back up soon. Her brand new rod and reel just arrived and I have to put line on it so she can practice casting. What a trooper she is, would of made one hell of a Marine!

Steve, Ive been looking for some camps to rent and have not came up with anything yet.I will keep serching for you,I went out from shore last night not a touch, alot of weeds on the shore line Im sure if I was in the boat it would have been different story.Last night the wind was about half it was the other night we will keep you posted wink.gif.Todd

Looks like you guys (and girls) are having a good time east of me!!

I made the solo trip to Silver this past Friday, and I was in search of the perch. Well, I didn't catch a single one all day!!!

I tried everything at all the spots I know, but not even a dink. I thought it was going to be a good day, as I landed two nice smallies at my first spot. I thought the perch were going to bite, too, but nada. I went to several other spots, and I got into some really nice gills at my fourth spot of the day....the last pic shows the huge schools of fish that I found in 29 FOW. Couldn't get any of them to bite confused.gif (Sorry about the fish pics, but it is a little difficult to take some decent pics by yourself LOL!)

1006968zi7.jpg

1006970me6.jpg

1006969eh5.jpg

1006973on5.jpg

1006977ny9.jpg

1006978to7.jpg

1006980gw5.jpg

Big johnny,The perch around here has slowed down a bit must have something to do with this weather frown.gif.Nice pics bud those blues have some nice colors I think there is some calicos,and waldos that have your name on them out this way.I am waiting for the start of the permanant weather change I think it will start to get hot and heavy real fast when it does change grin.gif.Its getting real close to getting the Neos on.

Nice fish Johnny, and I'm sorry you had to take those pics alone but what's a fisherman to do??? I wish I could blink and been there to catch a few of those nice gills with you... smile.gif Johnny my weekend plans are set right now. Salmonseeker73 and I will be hitting the smalleye run Friday afternoon/evening and Todd, Tuzzy and I will be hitting the crapeye's on Saturday. Got some new splash tubes yesterday that are dying to sniff some wood. Also I ordered some gizz for the plastics, a buddy of mine swears by it wink.gif

Were getting closer Big Johnny! This rain we get will help... wink.gif

We horsed around for the walleyes early this a.m and picked up just one eater and then we went shallow and found some hungry crappies. Caught most on tubes. I ran into Larry coming off the lake he was putting his boat on the trailer, he was in deep water running lead core and he had his limit of eyes, way to go Larry...

Another great time guys... Here's the pics...

Todd likes his slabs raw grin.gif

1000694dd1.jpg

Here's a couple of shots from the Tracker Aquarium wink.gif

1000696bn2.jpg

1000695ra4.jpg

Looks like you guys had a good week here, we did as well. Weather was beyond nice, never had to build a fire, wore short sleeves most of the week, thursday was rainy most of the day...

Fishing was great for the most part. We all brought home our one limit(6 each) plus we ate 4 huge meals of eyes, and let a bunch go. Our numbers showed that we caught over 200 eyes for the week. Most fish ran 14-17 inches with some in the low 20's. I edged my dad by a half inch to win the walleye pool with a 23.5er. Fish were quite active early in the week and things got tougher later in the week unless your last name started with a V smirk.gif

Awesome sunsets each day also...

dsc00516lb1.jpg

dsc00509po8.jpg

Me walking on water with a 22...

dsc00500vw9.jpg

Billy with a nice one...

dsc00483pe9.jpg

The color was showing good up there...

dsc00498jx7.jpg

An over the shoulder of Tank laying the lumber to one...

dsc00505qw4.jpg

The result...

dsc00507cr8.jpg

Full moon wednesday on the rise...

dsc00522re9.jpg

A golden eye...

dsc00532gx6.jpg

Wednesday afternoon we had both boats on a midlake hump doing well on the eyes. And the sunset was, well...

dsc00529nk8.jpg

dsc00530kj0.jpg

JAY,

Those eyes are golden cool.gif.It looks like the fishing was very good and not only that the scenery and the time of the year you can't beat it.Isn't fall time awsome the skys are beautiful and some of the best pictures are taken and your pics are great wink.gif.Good job guys cool.gif.

Awesome pictures Jay, those golden beauties, scenery and the guys. You know how to take them pictures bub.. Another great trip up-north. Way to guys!

Jay just wanted to thank you for putting Tuzzy and I on those WM's there a great rod and I had a blast catching craps with the guys Saturday, thanks bro... wink.gif

Todd and I went out to Steve and Cindy's spot after and exhaustive search and a strike out about to hit us in the face and we made a run and found a few eyes, well at least Todd did:o We boated a dozen or so on cranks and all fish were released, all beautiful eaters about this size and under. Had a great time Todd, slept like a baby when I got home, long good day on the water... cool.gif

1000697cc3.jpg

You guys need to send in some pics to the outdoors mags. Excellent job. Time for me to get serious about fishing . . .now that the weather is getting ripe. Will be putting up two sets of tree stands next week and sharpening hooks for the waldos . . . and of course leaving some room in the tank for chicken wings!!

Todd, looks like those eyes are starting, but like you said with this warm weather, it will delay things a little.

I got on Irondequoit Bay yesterday for a little perch fishing with a group of guys from another site I belong to. We had a good time, and some good fish were caught. Scott 'Maki Plastics' showed up, too, and had a bunch of his stuff with him. He didn't take as much home with him!!

Here are some pics that were taken:

Here is me on WNYBassman's Ranger boat talking to the other guys with my radio. It was a Navy Fleet of boats out there.

dso_ironbay1.jpg

Me with a couple of nice ones:

dso_ironbay2.jpg

And WNYBassman with a few dandys, too:

dso_ironbay3.jpg

And Scott 'Maki Plastics' doing a solo mission...

I-baygettogether013.jpg

And a final group shot at the day's end:

100_1835.jpg

Big johnney,Looks like you had a good time and those are some nice perch cool.gif.I guess the perch are still in the shallows here you just have to look for them and when you do find them its a HAY DAY wink.gif.Good job guys nice pics.

Those are some nice slobs Johnny, excellent photo's buddy. Nice talking to you yesterday.

Hey Todd I found out what that color is on the main page of that crank it's called American Eagle and it has all the makings wink.gif Tuzzy and I placed an order today 4 - 16's and 4 - 44's wink.gifgrin.gif Thanks buddy see you Saturday smile.gif

Checked on that order we discussed last night and there still processing it confused.gif

Fished Sunday from 12pm till 2:30pm with my boys and ended up just over a hundred perch. The kids had a blast and the fishing was awsome, haven't seen perch schooled up like that since the late 80's. I only had 3 dozen minnows and ended up throwing white slider's on small jig heads and they just tore them up. cleaned 30 of them for myself and the rest went to some friends. Other boats where around me and one guy tried putting his anchor right on top of mine but a good loud stern shout ended that, this is the same guy who last week when I found some fish did the same thing and snagged my anchor line and bouy marker. I couldn't get back on the fish because it was so rough. I got 3 walleyes throwing jigs with worms and dragging through the weeds, I could have caught more but to busy unhooking fish and putting new rubber on hooks for the kids...

Dad and I made our first trip up the Salmon River today. It wasnt great but we did ok. We both hooked about 8-9, he landed 2 and I beached one. River is way low and there are some fish in the river but no major run yet. The trip was complete for me - we got to see someone useing a spinning reel upside down and also saw someone fall in...

Tank with the first this year...

dsc00558sx4.jpg

This fish had a crooked spine...

dsc00559ho1.jpg

Heres the one I landed...

dsc00560yn5.jpg

Timmy

I sent you a e-mail bud.The night bite was very good for waldos this weekend they are starting to school up nicely cool.gif.We need more rain and cold weather and it be a slam fest reel quick like wink.gif.I think steve and cindy had a good time I took 1 pic and I think that will tell the story.

Great company on the lake tonight... Man I like catching walleyes on jigs like the next guy but sometimes you just gotta spank em with cranks and we were catching em pretty steady through the night, the big fish were laying on the bottom, no problem for DT-6's and deep water Shad Raps. We fished with Salmonseeker73 aka Jim amd his son LJ (Little Jimmy), Cindy and Steve and Todd snapped the pick of them with an eye that Cindi caught, they absolutely crushed em Friday night, but Saturday was no slouch either, it was nice to see the water temperatures drop a bit.

P.S. Todd I don't know how your trip home went last night, but mine was a gully washer. Took a left on 365 at the Cow and all of sudden it started pouring down rain, people pulled over to the sides waiting it out, some riding with flashers going, that was a tough ride there. If that was and east wind it was heading right for us shocked.gif

Here's Jim and his son LJ with a nice crappie!

1000704wt4.jpg

Here's Todd with the only crappie we caught...

1000703ib7.jpg

1000705ui8.jpg

He wanted a ripped DT baby!

1000706iu6.jpg

Todd what do you have here, come on pal talk what were you using wink.gif

1000707qi8.jpg

Come on Todd give us a hint wink.gif

1000708kp9.jpg

Todd with a pig smile.gif

1000709yt4.jpg

Timmy finishing up strong before the rain hit...

1000711ge9.jpg

Steve and Cindy with one of Cindy's eyes. You go girl!

toddspics142hg6.jpg

We all caught our limits of eyes, good time had by all!

Great day on the water today, both dad and I limited out on perch. Took them home and called some friends and neighbors over to get some fish and they just about had cows blush.gif and didn't believe we caught all these fish today our selfs. ;D

Fished from noon till 3:30 and anchored once (thank god for GPS). Had about 5 dozen minnows and only used 9 minnows, all the fish came on 2" slider and ripped the rod out of our hands. We were on a 7 foot hump with scattered grass, we could see the fish laying in and on the weeds bent over from steady West wind today and only had to cast 10' and watch them all crash for the for bait. We also got 3 nice walleyes that were cruising through the perch looking for a meal.

The highlight came when dad had a medium size perch on and a HUGE smallmouth came out of of nowhere and and grabbed the perch, dad ended up losing the perch, bass and lure. LOL ;D