Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishinphyl

How to Mount troll motor

5 posts in this topic

Okay guys I have a big problem. Bought a bow mount trolling motor. Neither one of us thought about it until looking at the instructions, but this is a fiber glass boat with no way to get to the washers for the bolts that mount the base for the motor. So now what do I do - take the motor back? We can not mount one in the back either because it is an I/O and there is no place to mount one. HELP!

------------------
Phyl

They do have mouning bolt isolaters that work like a toggle bolt allowing it to be mounted from the top side only. The are packaged be Motorguide.

Rob

I had the same problem with my Minnkota bow mount. Minnkota also has a product called Quick Nuts. I used this for my fiberglass boat. If you have gorilla arms I wouldn't do this, but I couldn't get it to stop spinning so I bought some marine goop and put aroung the nuts and let it set for awhile against the fiberglass. After 48 hrs it worked great. I hope this helps you!

Minnkota has a product called Quick Nuts. This is what I used for my fiberglass because I ran into the same problem. Maybe use some marine goop under the T of the QN, so it doesn't spin. If you have gorilla arms don't worry about it.

Thanks guys - I am off to the store again! Wouldn't it be nice if you could actually purchase something and not have to go back to the store 3-4 times to get it installed? grin.gif

------------------
Phyl