• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice ducer

Question

2 answers to this question

It depends on what you expect to get out of your sonar unit. If you are really adept at reading the display a dual beam can give you more info. The wider beam can give you a larger radius for signal returns. Great if you are over a flat bottom. But that can also be a hinderance if you are on the edge of a drop-off. Since the bottom will begin to show with the wider beam at a shallower depth, thus eliminating any fish that are laying close to bottom down the drop. With a narrower beam this is not as pronounced.

Rob

Looking at it from a convienience standpoint, I have both transducers that were bought at different times. If I had to do it over again, I would go and get the dual transducer. The cost is the same, and a least with one unit you have less to deal with than two. I do use both transducers for different applications and depths. Go with the dual transducer.Using either the 9 or the 19 for the appropriate depth will make a difference for you if you know how to interpret your flasher.