• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Salmon fishing out of Milwaukee Report?

Can anyone tell me how the salmon fishing out of Milwaukee has been? I am going up to see my brothers and Dad and am going to take them out on a charter and just curious on how the fishing has been. Thanks!

My wife, 2 kids and I went out from Milwaukee on Monday the 6th in the afternoon from 1:30 to 7:30. Actual fishing time is 30-45 minutes less each was as you go down the river then out to the fishing area. Anyway, it was slow for us. We had 6 fish on and got 3 in. The 3 were Chinooks each about 5 lbs. The group that went out in the same boat in the morning did much better, they caught 8 of the 13 bites they had and had a mixture of salmon and trout including some in the mid teens in weight. I would say to try to get on a morning charter as the fishing seems to be better then-at least that day.

They sure taste great on the grill though and it was fun to get out!

Thanks for the info and who did you go out with? I am looking at blue max charters. Most everybody I checked with has the mornings booked so I have to do a afternoon. Won't be going until the 24th so maybe the temps will come down a bit by then.