• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Barry Bonds

Kyle Sandberg

Interesting post.....

I'm not a big Bonds fan or anything....but the yr. he hit 73 hr's he also lead the majors in walks alot of them being intentional. The guy might see 1 or two pitches a game to hit let alone hit 73 !!! Roids or not that is talant with a bat.

I hate to think how many guys have used preformance inhancers of some kind in their careers. I can think of alot of players that were "little" when they started out and by the end of their careers didn't hardly look like the same guy.

I was at a Royals game a couple yrs ago and watched Bonds sign auto's for a good 20 minutes after BP so he does give back to the fans sometimes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

How can Sammy or McGuire be so hi on your list?

Yeah, I did think about them on there, but suppose I was too tired for more copy-paste. Guess I just don't loathe those two quite as much as I do this jerk... smirk.gif

ESPN guys on Fri-sat night were calling Bonds the best of all-time. I beg to differ. not even close to Ruth and the Iron Horse at batting avg and slugging % for all time Ruth has got him by a mile. Plus- Ruth was on the road to be a Hall of Fame pitcher before his bat got in the way. I think he was around 90-40 as a pitcher with a low Era. The Say-HeY-Kid, I would take as being better also- becasue of his all-around game. Bonds is great-- but with him a (Contact Us Please) can connet the dots and say he has LIKELY cheated. And cheaters are not champions and maybe that's why the good Lord has not given Barry a ring. For those who disagree- look at the Babes' avg for lifetime- it's a full 50 points higher than Bonds.

"If your saying all players are on something, how do you feel about your neighbor then, % say he's on something too."

It does get stale to see every player having an exceptional year get accused of juicing. I can't think of a powerhitter that I hasn't been accused. Common sense (and a tape measure) says guys like Bonds are obvious, many of the others are not. Anyone here ever train with the intention of adding strength or muscle mass? I'm no athlete, and it really isn't that hard to swing your body weight and strength 10%+ without illegal substances. A-Rod, Pujols , Griffey etc deserve the benefit of the doubt IMO. Baseball brought this on themselves, but the cynicism really detracts from the game for me.

Im suspicious of Tyner. After 1200 ABs now he has all this power to hit a HR. And look at him I think he may have gained a couple of pounds in the off season. Maybe someone sliped something in his texas chilly.

I've heard that Bonds' teammates think he's a jerk too, but then there are guys like Joe Nathan that say he's a great guy. So who knows. He seems like a jerk to me.

Oh, and Tyner is definitely juicing. I bet that now that he got number 1 out of the way, he'll be the one chasing Bonds in a couple years.

Bonds probably doesn't get along with all of his teamates jsut like you probably don't get along with all of your co-workers......he has always been good to his fans but he doesn't like the media and who could blame him!!!

Barry Bonds is probably the greatest player our generation will ever see. The guy has over 400 stolen bases, about 10 golden gloves and now he's going to break the home run record. Was he on the juice? Ya probably, just like so many of the pitchers he had to hit against and so many of the other players in the league (like all of them).

Take 100 dingers away from Bonds for the supposed juice use and he's still the best we'll ever see.

I Like Tom Gordons take on it. It is sad that one of the greatest records in sports is about to be broken and few people are able to enjoy it as it should be. The scandal has taken almost all of the excitment out of it. Hopefuly A-Rod can break the record in the years to come and nothing will be able to take the fun out of it like the steroids has out of this time.

Quote:

Tyner has hit two minor league homeruns in his career and he has hit lots of other ball off the wall in the pros. i doubt he took anything.

Wake up and smell the coffee man. The evidence is right in front of you. Two stolen bases in 2005, four last year and six already this year. All the way up to 175 pounds and now he goes yard. Oh yeah, he's juicin'

grin.gif

Good to his fans???? Seems like a arogant, cheater to me. How exactly is he good to his fans?

"If you don't have a quotable source for your allegations do not post here." Racist comments or innuendo will not be allowed, please adhere to forum guidelines" Thanks

I think it is great. He deserves it. All of you guys that think that since he may have taken steroids it shouldnt count. So if I took a bunch of steroids I might be the next Bonds and hit 757, i dont think so. He deserves better than the dump that he is getting.

Congrats to Bonds and his family and may he gloat in all the haters faces.

I don't hate him for the roids. Lots of players took them during his time frame.

I hate him for that cocky punked attitude he has. When you hit a homerun, put your head down and round the bases like Morneau does. Don't hit it, do that cocky walk sit and watch it and show the pitcher up. If I was pitching against him and he hit one and did that dump to me, I would put one in his ear. mad.gif

Quote:

All of you guys that think that since he may have taken steroids it shouldnt count. So if I took a bunch of steroids I might be the next Bonds and hit 757, i dont think so. He deserves better than the
dump
that he is getting.

No, but you would hit more than you would buy using your naturally given ability enhanced with legal and natural training methods. Bonds was going to be a Hall of Famer long before he ever took his first cycle. It is his power records that are a sham.

By the way, it is not that he "may" have taken steroids it is that he "has". He took the "cream and the clear" which are steroids but he has stood by his statement that he did not know he was taking them. His buddy is in jail because he won't talk to the courts. Who is he protecting?

I am not saying we all should be "haters" but anyone who is probably has plenty of reason to base that opinion on.

people who aren't talented think those that are and know it are cocky arogant people when it is actually confidence!!! he is confident in himself......I have never heard him say that he thinks he is the greatest.....just because he has hit more homeruns then any other player in the history of MLB he enjoys to watch the flight of the ball when he knows he hit it hard and far...BIG DEAL....Do you hate Griffey Jr?? When he hits a HR he strikes a pose and holds it for a moment.....Get over it people!!! The guy is one of the greatest ball players of all time sit back watch him and enjoy the game......

Do you think that most people that hate Bonds might be listening to the garbage the press, written, radio, and television, puts out about him because he has no time for them due to past run ins with them? The few reports that do get aired from teammates and coaches msotly agree he is a good team mate, good family man and deserves anything good said about him.

Let's do some math. Remember, this is based on assumptions, as are the allegations, and is done by my North Dakota math. This morning on ESPN someone, either Costas or Faye Vincent, inplied that Bonds juiced from 2001 to 2004. In those years Bonds hit 209 home runs. I saw a documentary that stated juicing would increase a person's numbers by 10%. Next you have to assume that the pitchers that juiced in that same time frame didn't cancel out the effect but had no effect at all. So, if you take 10% of the 209 home runs hit, Bonds gained about 21 home runs due to juicing. Would you then legitimasize Bonds once he hits more than 777 home runs?

The other thing that irritated me this morning was ESPN's stat that showed Bonds home runs per at bats ratio while he was a Pirate and as a Giant trying to, again, imply he has had some help. It went from 20 (approx)with the Pirates down to 10+ (approx.)with the Giants. 1. This should be somewhat expected given you become more familiar with the league and its pitchers. and B. It does not take into effect that Bonds later has been walked an incredible amount of times each year. With the Pirates he walked an average of 87 times per year. With the Giants he averages 130 walks per year, 139 walks per year, if your delete the injury year where he had only 42abs. Walks don't count as at-bats so you can subract about 52 plate appearances per year that don't count as at-bats. In my book this means he is making the most of his opportunities and earning his millions.

No, that is cocky, not confidence. Confidence is saying you aren't scared of someone, or that you will hit hrs no matter who is pitching. That cocky punked walk is just that - cocky. And yes, it also bothers me when JR does it, even though I like him as a player.