• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Barry Bonds

Kyle Sandberg

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow, you opened up a can of worms here!! I sort of agree that allegations are allegations and innocent until proven guilty and all that, but the guys numbers peaked at like age 37 or something like that - it just doesn't work that way on its own. No one in baseball, including the commissioner, will talk about it, much less stand up for the guy. Plus you got these guys that worked for Balco or whatever saying that he was on "the program." Hmmmm, seems a little suspicious. He never had a positive test because the steroids were made by this company to be undetectable. I honestly don't have much doubt that he took illegal steroids, knowingly or not.

756 will be a sad day in baseball history...

He cheats. Don't try and kid yourself just because he hasn't came up with a positive pis$ test. Ask his personal trainer. Oh wait you can't because that personal trainer is currently *still* in prison for refusing to testify to the grand jury regarding Bonds claims that "the cream" and "the clear" were flaxseed oil and arthritis cream...

I hope a giant earthquake opens up the earth at AT&T park, swallowing him whole before 756.

I do believe to be fair to Bonds we have to wait until he has his day in court even if that ever happens. I do believe he probably was using some type of drug but, nothing has been proven to date. Its all hear-say.

I would not want to be judged only on hear say. frown.gif

List him this way in the record books:

1. Hank Aaron 755

2. Babe Ruth 714

3. Willie Mays 660

4. Sammy Sosa 603

5. Ken Griffey 587

6. Frank Robinson 586

7. Mark McGwire 583

8. Harmon Killebrew 573

990. Glenn Braggs 70

Max Carey 70

Deivi Cruz 70

Glenn Hubbard 70

Bill Joyce 70

Jason Kendall 70

Mark Loretta 70

Randy Milligan 70

Jerry Mumphrey 70

Hardy Richardson 70

John Shelby 70

Elmer Smith 70

Garry Templeton 70

Mitch Webster 70

Dick Williams 70

991. Barry Bonds 756*

I guess I could have ranked him much lower, but baseball-reference only listed the 70+ HR guys.

A-Rod would be fine by me. You never ever hear his name mentioned in the same sentence as steroids. And if you do, it's because they compare him to someone else they think is using.

When Bonds first came into the league I'm pretty certain he was a "scrawny" lead-off batter. A guy who hit the singles, doubles and triples mostly. Then all of a sudden he has a massive tank of a body and hits 40 - 50 homers a year???? His neck gets all pudgy, his face gets pudgy....all the same symptoms of steroids.

I gues for me, 1 + 1 = 2. If it has 4 legs, barks like a dog, wags it's tail like a dog and looks like a dog, then chances are it IS a dog. smirk.gif

A homerun hitter starts their pro career being known as a homerun hitter and bats in the 3,4,5 or 6 position. Griffey Jr, Pujols, Thome.....just to name a few that are active players yet.

all i see is bonds did this, bonds did that. Fact is, more pitchers were using illegal substances than hitters. intersting. if i take steroids, can i start hitting homeruns?

steroids aid in recovery time, sounds like pitchers would be aided by having less recovery time between starts.

asterisk his name if you want, but the guy can still hit and always could.

Quote:

How can Sammy or McGuire be so hi on your list?

That's a good one. Anyways, This conversation isn't going to last long anyways. Either one of the following should happen. BB will be indicted by the grand jury within the next six months or in a couple years A-Rod will break the record and no one will care about Bonds until his turn comes around for Cooperstown.

If you are guilty till proven innocent, someone please PROVE that Hank or Harmon, etc..., didn't do anything illegal while they were in the game.

I suppose you people want to wipe out all those straight Tour de France wins because of allegations, too?

The smartest thing Barry ever said was to Peter Gammons at the Home Run Derby: "Hank Aaron will always be the home run champ."

And he is right, it doesn't matter if Barry tops Aaron, I (and I think most people) will still consider Aaron the far superior player.

Besides, ARod will top both of them soon enough.

Bonds has been one of the biggest jerks in sports history. Unfortunately, until they prove that he used steroids, nothing can be done with the record. But we all know. Below is an article about a war os words between Bond and Bob Costas.

Bonds, Costas trade insults

FOXSports.com,

A day after Barry Bonds called him a "little midget man who knows (nothing) about baseball," broadcaster Bob Costas said he wasn't upset with the San Francisco Giants slugger and responded with a jab of his own.

"As anyone can plainly see, I'm 5-6 1/2 and a strapping 150, and unlike some people, I came by all of it naturally," Costas said Thursday in a telephone interview.

Barry Bonds is and has always been a great hitter and one of the best ever.......Did he use steroids....maybe maybe not until a confirmation and conviction come out I stand on the side of celebrating one of my favorite ball players since he was with the Pirates.....Yes he grew between the ages of 20 something and 40 something......but who doesn't. When he came in the league there weren't all the supplements on the market. Technology and science have made it possible to get bigger stronger and faster with these LEGAL supplements. In a way I think the evidence is against him but I like to give him a little credit for the fact that even if proven to take steroids you have to figure the times he was taking them (not all HR's were from roids) and the competition he was facing were possibly taking roids also. Even the guys that have been proven to take roids he still would be hands down the best player on roids!!! Go Barry and I hope the truth is someday revealed and you are proven clean cause that would put alot of shame on the rest of the world!!!

and Pier's comment on A-rod is the same as everyone saying Barry did them.....You don't know nothing until there are proven facts!!!