• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whitlocks Salmon

Anyone have any info on salmon fishing at Whitlocks Bay in the fall? My son and I would like to give it a try but don't know when the best time to go would be. Also, should we bring the boat or just fish from shore?

Ya, last year my grandpa was fishing their and while he was fishing he had watched one jump right out of the water and land on shore. The game warden just happen to be checking him and he saw it to and he said some it is just their instinct.

Quote:

Ya, last year my grandpa was fishing their and while he was fishing he had watched one jump right out of the water and land on shore. The game warden just happen to be checking him and he saw it to and he said some it is just their instinct.

I watched a woman casting spoons from shore and when she brought her spoon up on the sand a salmon came about three feet up on the sand chasing it. She took off running like it was after her. lol

Most people that I know seem to have their best luck casting crankbaits or spoons from shore. With the salmon spawning station shut down this may have changed. When they were stripped of their eggs years agoo, they were returning to the area where they were imprinted. The salmon that are in there now were stocked starting about 3 years ago. Hope this helps a bit.