Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishduckdog

Best Brand of electric fillet knives.

3 posts in this topic

The last few years at Oak Island Resort, I've used a Mister Twister electric fillet knife and a Wal-Mart Brand electric fillet knife, and prefer the pointed tip, more power, and longer cord on the Wal-Mart knife, of the two brands. I'm finally buying my own and was wondering who might have some good recommendations on different brands, or the same.. (Angler's Best Electric fillet knife)..etc. Thanks!

I bought a Mister Twister to clean my deep sea fish: grouper, snapper, mackeral etc. so the give the knife more of a challenge than a walleye or other fresh water fish would.

The motor burned out on the second fish I cleaned with it. The store, Bass Pro Shop, where I bought it, happily replaced it.

I've now had it for a year and haven't had any problems with the replacements. However, you've identified its two problems: a short cord but worse is the round tips on the blades. My next one will be from WalMart.

Check out the american angler electric knife. I have used one for years. They have a sharp point and the blades come in several lenghts. They cost around $40.