• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deep Diving crankbaits?

I was wondering what are some of the best deep diving crankbaits to use? I troll out on vermilion in water up to 15' with floating rapalas with a little weight but was wondering what the best baits for deep trolling are? I only own a few deep divers and have never caught anything on them so im looking to get a few more to give a try. I troll them in about 18-30 feet of water.

Well tuned reef runners and deep taildancers will get you deep easily. I fish them anywhere from 20 to 34' on 14# fireline. The big walleyes love em on LOTW and Vermilion should be no different. Try them around the perimeters of some deep water reefs during July and August and you may be pleasantly surprised.

toddb

Rapala makes the Taildancer crank.

Don't buy any Reef Runners. They have so many color patterns that you'll have to buy another...and then another....and then another. grin.gif

The Reef Runner Deep Diver crankbait is hard to beat for getting down deep.

I don't have any of the cabela's versions myself but some of the guys I fish with have them. We've used them a little but the real Reef Runners seem to be better, at least we have more confidence in them.

I really like the reefrunners and taildancers as well but I am pulling more deep diving Smithwick Rattling Rogues. All catch eyes.

Also Im using more snap weights to get bombers and Brads down deeper and have had great success doing that.

I see that the tail dancer deep diver only comes in a size 9 at least at my local l and m. It seems a little big but i could be wrong. What would be the best colors to try last week the only one i had was bleeding tiger and i didnt get any on it.

I really like what I think is called Purpledescent. It seems to work in a lot of places I fish. Im using the size 11's when getting down deep but Im also going to get some 9's when I start seeing them around here.