• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just seeing how all you WI musky nuts are doing this season... The wife and I had a good start of the season and after... The past two times out, I have concentraited on low density, big fish waters.. Have moved fish but have not had any luck putting any hooks into bigger fish...

Let us all know how its going for you...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, very similar to how a baby treats a diaper. Haven't really given it a fair shake though, mostly shore fishin a few evenings.

The annual Muskies Inc Gil Hamm just got done last week. About 75 people and around 40 fish caught I believe, don't quote. Biggest was 49", next biggest was 47.5" a bud of mine caught. I'll be up on Holcombe Wed for our clubs Wed night league - thats a guarantee the boat I'm in won't catch squat! crazy.gif Otherwise reports of a 54" on Turtle-Flambeau and an average amount of decent fish in my area.

Jim, nice Johnson/Bechtold hold in your avatar!!! grin.gif Thank goodness they don't peep into the WI forum!

I haven't been out after muskies yet but plan to try it soon now that the big lake bite has slowed down with the warm temps.

Cooter, that cracked me up grin.gif I don't think Jim needs to do the Bechtold hold though, his fish are big in a normal pose wink.gif

No problem man...

Randy

Yeah I fished for a half day, getting my butt bounced around in the wind... Tough wind boy.. Give me a call on the details... Got some questions for ya anyways...

We had about 10 guys out for our Wed night league - everyone had rain/lightning delays, both on Holcombe and Wissota. One fish caught on a topwater on Wissota around 9:45. Quite a few other fish seen before the storm but none ate.

Good to hear there's a little action around. I too haven't made it out to try for muskies because the crappie and bluegill action has been too hot. I'll be up for 5 days though over the 4th and hope to get out a few times around Hayward.

I was in the Hayward area over the weekend chasin musky without any luck. We fished the Chip Sat afternoon - hot and sunny, nothing doing. We then fished LCO Sat night, nice looking lake, had never been on it before, caught nothing. Fished Sissabagama Sun, warm and sunny again but with a little chop - we saw one fish. Overall pretty slow although the Chip and Siss we fished middle of the day and LCO was totally new and considered a tough lake to fish. Nonetheless a good weekend away in God's country. I'll be fishing Wissota tomorrow night and will report.

Yesterday we fished Namekagon prior to a front coming through, raised one fish and got bit by plenty of pikes.. Kinda weird, as I thought the fish would be active.. But when it comes to musky fishing, there are no solid rules..

Area lakes have shown to be slow.. Dont know why, things look to be great for the fish to be moving and chasing, but feeding windows have been short.. Have to pound the water and be there at the right time.. Is frustrating!!!

Well I broke the ice this year with a 35" from Wissota on Wed night. We had at least 8 guys fishing, maybe 10 and managed to boat 7 fish! Mine was caught trolling, 2 on suicks, and the rest on various topwaters. They ranged from just over 30" to 42".

Fished the Flambeau this weekend with one 35" fish and a few follows and one that boiled and never looked back. The hooked fish came on a bucktail, the follows came on the bucktail and the boil came on a surface lure. They look like they are getting ready to start smacking though!

Tunrevir~

My old man had one hit on about a 2.5 pound largemouth bass last week...It was a shade lighter than that when we finally got the 'remnants' to the boat too:-) I also had a smallish one come up and hit on an 1/8 oz. beetlespin of all things...Kind of gave me the itch to go out after the big boys... grin.gif

Finally did get out on Thurs, Fri, and Sat this weekend. We got a 22", 28", and 38" for about 9 hours of fishing. I'd say things went pretty well, not to mention the 38" is my personal best. The best action seemed to be early morning on stained water before the cold fronts arrived. Although, one we did get mid-day but in deeper water. All fish we saw came out of green weeds. Hope everyone else had the same luck we did.

Caught my smallest musky ever on Thursday, not sure how long but it was just a lil whipper snapper. Will have pics in about 3 months when I get the disposable filled up!

Forgot due to St. Louis that we also fished below Altoona on Tues and my bud had a 40ish roll on a topwater. I'm heading down there tonight after work unless its infested with the locals. I caught several spunky smallies on a rather large bucktail right at dark - nothing like unhooking a 14" smallie in the dark with all three hooks in its maw smirk.gif

I caught my first musky on Saturday morning (36") while fishing with my son on Bone Lake. I was casting a blue and orange husky jerk. I wasn't fishing for him but it was sure fun catching him. IMG_0109.jpg