• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

question about a bunk trailer

Scoot

Question

My brother and I have a bunk trailer for our boat. He'd like to put on teflon slides over the bunks. He's got teflon strips (home made) and wants to screw them into the wood of the bunks. I'm pretty hesitant to do this as I'm afraid that the wood screws will work loose and rip up the bottom of the boat. Anyone have any suggestions or info. regarding this manner?
Scoot

3 answers to this question

scoot, just be sure to countersink the heads and use long enough screws 2" so they hold deep, you could also predrill the holes and fill with glue, but you may want to replace something sometime and the glue may make it tough.

I've never used these. But I would think spraying the bunks with silicone would be a much better option. See my comments under the "boat trailer" thread.

AWH

I fought for years with the bunks. Finally got smart and went to fleet farm and got replacement roller bunks-$49.99 best move you will make! Slides right off, cranks on without any effort.