• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye Reports - 2007

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Place your opener and pics proceeding for walleye through summer and fall. Will leave the open water reports open for panfish and mixed bags, thanks guys...

Good luck out there on Saturday everybody! I hope to see some walleye pics wink.gif

Well guys the anticipation of the opener got the better of me and Todd but Donny well he had his limit and checked out around 2:30 a.m. and Todd and I fished for a other 1/2 hour or so and that was enough for me. Todd was bound and determined to stay and try to get his limit, I hope he succeeded. Thanks for taking me along for the ride Todd and thanks for those fresh cheese curds. The report from Dark Cloud and Tank was flat out sick, simply put... they hammered em.

I hope you others fared better than Todd and I.

Here's some pics of Donny with his fish...

1000528th7.jpg

1000529xq2.jpg

Fished the creek last night 12-3 or so, got 2 nice fish. My buddy Steve got 1 nicer one farther up from the mouth. There are still lots of fish for you folks without boats, or boats not in the water yet. Percheyes420/Jarod and bucketass/Rocky just stopped by with their limits for the morning as well from the east end of the lake. You met those guys on the ice last winter some of you guys anyway. So theres like 9 for the 4 of us, not a bad opening day at all. Didn't take any pics, as I woke up at 9 and just got them ready for dinner, and they were nothing huge, just like 17-18 inchers or so.

I got my 2 on the new x-rapala with the rattles + red tail on it, black + silver. Just bought the 1 to try them out, I guess I need more for the box in case I lose 1, and different colors would be good too. Hooked on a fat carp at midnight first cast, felt like I hooked him in the rear end. He took off like a rocket, but after 10 minutes on 6lb test line that I used for ice fishing, he got off with my old jig.

Well tight lines all ;D

cnypanfisher

Tim, saturday night was alot better limited out same spot.today I went out for a few hrs this morning 1 keeper and 3 throwbacks not to bad for only a few hrs of fishing its going to get better now all the commotion from the opener is done.

Timmy - sick, ugly, stupid; that will sum up fri night. We started at mignight. First two cast I got 17 inchers. We had our first limit at 12:11 and were done at 12:30. We fished another hour and let about 20 fish go. Sat during the day we c&r'd about 40 fish. And this am we did another 10 fish. Best fish was 25.5 that I got, dad got one almost 24....

Heres the fish from friday night....

dsc00654pq0.jpg

Heres the 25.5 from this morning....

dsc00655rk2.jpg

( this next section is mostly for you Timmy tongue.gif )

We caught fish on tails by Berkly, Khalins, Dominator, BP Shops, Gander, Yamamato, and mister twister. colors - electric grape, avacado sparkle, cream w/silver glitter, smoke w/red glitter, pumpkin sparkle, sassy shads, rootbeer, and a few on shallow shad raps....

Well I appreciate that rub Jay wink.gifgrin.gif

Just got back from the movie party with the kid's, and I'm ready for a nap, it seemed like every 10 min. or so during the movie one of the eleven kids had to go to the bathrooom. From what I saw of Spiderman III it was a good flick.

To all you guys that caught fish great job and nice pics Jay!

Good to see that you all had some success on your opener.Seeing all those fish is sure to bring some sleepless nites for me this week waiting for our opeaner this Sat. All I need now is a quart of shiners and I am ready to go. grin.gif Thanks for sharing your stories and pics.

Tuzzy picked up two keeps and one short on Saturday and his brother Sal got his limit. Sunday morning they each got there limit in the creek. Sal's old school., split shot and crawler on a number 8 hook, Tuzzy hit em on the old olive brown buck.

Great job everybody. I wasn't really expecting anything less given the great walleye fishing we have in NY. I spent the weekend fishing stripers in the Hudson but I think I'm going walleye fishing tonight. Reports are good for on my local waters for the trolling "night bite". It's back to the stripers which should be hot and heavy for later in the week.

Back to the grind last nite. Dad, Paul, amd myself put the hammer down on our limits in about 2 hours. No big fish, all eaters...

If you wern't useing 5in k-grubs in firecracker you didn't catch fish wink.gif *sarcasim

* - some people dont understand sarcasim...

Fish were active last night again. Dad and I did about 25-30 fish each in two hours. Quite a few 14 inchers but nice ones mixed in also...

Rootbeer sparkle and silver black back were hot, but it didnt matter... tongue.gif

Rob went down later after work and got one 25incher plus his limit...

Heres a pict with dad holding a 24 and 21...

dsc00662ra2.jpg

Way to guys! Incredible... Great shot Jay. Dat's one heck of a fishery you got there. Stealth night fishing at it's best. I was telling Todd since I haven't been going out I have been buying smile.gif, anyhow the teams season ends in a few weeks and then things will get back to normal pending the umpiring schedule. frown.gif

Those are some nice fish there guys the fishing around here has been pretty slow for the most part confused.gif.The warm weather will drive the eyes to deeper water during the day up here the water temps are climbing jigging with bucktails should get better.I have been catching a few just at dark when its totally dark the bait starts to come alive.The water has cleared up so they can pick out there bait allot eaiser so i have been useing dark colors seem to work better looks like you guys are having no trouble nice pics keep um coming.

More walleyes today! We hit the river shortly after daybreak and hopscotched around 4 diff spots till the storms rolled through around 3. We landed 45 eyes over 15 inches....

Heres a shot of a 22...

dsc00663sr7.jpg

I have been picking up walleyes casting off shore on x-raps black/silver, just at twilight in the evening or early morning. Also I have seen good catches jigging in the bay/bernhards bay area during the day. Most fish are on the edge of dropoffs, and around bumps + whatnot. Had some fresh wally for dinner yesterday, great stuff.

cnypanfisher