• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wave Wackers

Question

I'm in Utah, and I've got my Tracker Deep V16 that needs a wave wacker for those good ole backtrollin' days. Where can I buy one of those wave wackers? I am unable to locate one here in Utah. (Utah is not big on walleyes however we have five walleye lakes)
Are wave wackers easy to make or do I have to order one?

If it's easy to make, give me instructions on how to make one... like what kind of plastic? Polycarbonate? I need information and help. Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Unless your a plastics fabricator I wouldn't try making them yourself. I work with the stuff all day long and you have to heat the polycarb to bent it and 1/4" polycarb is not that easy to bend. There is alot involved in making splashguards and the people that do it are pros and they won't fall apart when you need them the most. I don't make them I just work with plastics.