• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow mount sonar wiring

musky hunter

Question

I'm installing a graph on the bow with the transducer on the trolling motor. I would like to run the power cord, the one with the six little female sockets, up from below the bow plate. But that would leave the socket exposed to the elements. I'm afraid of corrosion in the connection. Does anyone have any ideas on how to protect it from corroding? after all, most of the time it won't be hooked up to the weather tite socket of the unit.

4 answers to this question

LOL...you could use the old Army trick...a condom and a rubber band!!..lol...(they used to place this over their rifle barrels to keep water out in case you diddnt know what I was talking about).
But seriously...a little squirt of WD40 or something similar into the connector will keep the corrosion out...unless you want to try the Trojans!! grin.gif

------------------
>"////=<
Gull Guide Service
fishingminnesota.com/gullguide
Brainerd-Mille Lacs-Willmar
Bemidji-Ottertail

I always thought soldiers used condoms to keep the spare socks dry when fording rivers. Thanks for the fatherly advice. I didn't really think this thread would become such a hot tpoic.

I can't remember what the heck the stuff is called....its like "electrolube" or something. Its the stuff you use on wiring and gives it good connection. I got it out in the garage. Somebody else knows what I'm talking about. Kinda funny, I use that condom trick at work on the bobcat auxilary hydrolic hook ups at work to keep the dirt out. I didn't know somebody else dreampt it up before me.