• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GPS questions

Scotteye

Question

I have a Lowrance Global map 100 and I am interested in getting the Lake Master Software. I would rather purchase in a store if possible (only because I want it tomorrow). That is question 1(who carries it), and for question 2, what PC data cable do I need. I have called both Galyans and Gander and they do not carry either the software or the cable. Not to ramble any further, but.... is it the cable with the PC attachment, GPS attachment, and Cigarette lighter plug-in? If so, why does it have a cigarette lighter plug in?

Thanks for any help!

6 answers to this question

Scotteye,

I don't believe the software is sold in any store. As far as the cable goes. It plugs into the serial port on your computer and then plugs into the back of your GPS. Mine plugs into the same place as the auxillary cord that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I have a Garmin 12. For the cable you will need to get that from Lowrance

------------------
Paul
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Pwaldow123 (edited 05-02-2002).]

Lakemaster software is available at Cabela's.
As far as the download cable it comes in two versions on has a cig, plug and one just has open power leads. This is so you can operate the unit off a seperate power source while downloading. This cable will also work with the Eagle Veiw GPS and the Lowrance 310, both are gimble mount units that need external power.

Rob

I ordered mine off this site and I got it in two days. I would recommend ordering it here and telling them you want it quick. Like I said, I had mine in two days.ScottS