• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

flat-back canoes?

minneman

Question

Just wondering if you know of any websites or manufacture sites that carry flat-back canoes? Im more looking for a aluminum one but I will look at different types also if you have any suggestions. Thanks

4 answers to this question

Coleman used to make a flat back canoe called the "scanoe". I had one years ago before I got a boat. The flat bottom made it really stable and pretty easy to fish from. It had a flat back with a metal frame to mount a trolling motor. The shell was a durable plastic and there were metal pipes that ran the length of the floor. Coleman canoes were bought out by Pelican I believe. I purchased another scanoe last year at Woods and Water on University Avenue in Fridley.

Scanoes are kevlar, a very durable material. I had one for several years and powered it with a 5 hp Merc. They weigh 105 pounds, so they are easy to cartop.

Coleman, incidentally, is now part of the Pure Fishing family (Berkley, Fenwick, Abu Garcia, Mitchell, etc.).

Just wondering if you know of any websites or manufacture sites that carry flat-back canoes? Im more looking for a aluminum one but I will look at different types also if you have any suggestions. Thanks