• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Propane tank refills

SDice

It's getting old buying the pound propane tanks for my Buddy, and my grill.Has anyone tried the kits that you can fill from a big tank.Also I heard(sounded like a rumor}that it is illegal to transport the refilled tanks in your outfit.Thanks in advance.

They will not fill the tanks that allow refilling of the 1lb tanks. So they are pretty much getting rid of the chance of the consumers being able to save a few bucks. Much better and safer to just spend the extra money on the 1lb tanks or buy an adapter for the 11lb tank and use that.

Why dont you just rig it up so you can run it off of a bigger tank instead of those little ones. I know it wouldnt be as workable as a little one but like you said it gets old after awhile. I fill all my own 20 pound tanks instead of trading them in but you have to have the hook ups to do it. So if i contract my LP gas for 80 cents then it only costs me the gas. Just adding my 2 cents!