• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat's, walleye specific.

pfluemis

Very well put Kupcho.

I run a Lund Tiller with a 35 on it a lot. It trolls great and love to fish walleyes out of it, but only when it is not rough.

I am switching my big boat from a Ranger Bass boat to a 620 VS with a kicker. I just like the fuctionality and the water I fish most is Cass and it hardly ever not windy on the north end were i like to fish.

It comes down to.

- What kinds of water do you fish most.

- How you like to fish.

- What you like to fish

- How fast you like to go. grin.gif

What ever the choice they are a boat and they help us catch fish and I like to catch fish. smile.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great posts.........You not a true walleye junkie unless you suck it up and take a soaking grin.gifgrin.gif jk lol. Visibillity has never been an issue for my boat except the people obstructing my view in front. I fish alone quite a bit and my bow dosent lift much when i gun the throttle. I can see pretty good at night unless its raining hardcore and i dont usually fish rivers from a boat so i cant vouch for rivers but it sounds the same as watching sub surface rocks on northern mn lakes...DRIVE BY SOUND!!! grin.gifgrin.gif

I'm still searching, and keeping an eye on this thread. Well, the used boat that started this thread was sold when I called on it. The dealer won't budge on his outrageous prices on his LEFTOVER 2003!!! Magnum, so I have been searching used. Missed out on a smokin' deal on another boat...by one hour. mad.gif

Well, the search is over. I ended up taking a detour on my search, and picking up a VERY well maintained 1975 Starcraft SuperSport. It's in about as good of shape as any of the used boats I was looking at, at a much better price.

congrats on getting boat.I have listened and watched people for years try to get the best suited boat for all occasions.

Several years ago before Brunswick purcahsed Crestliner I purchased about 13 new Crestliner empty hulls from them,2001 to 2004.

Out of each of these boats we made or resold these hulls to people that were out to make the perfect boat.

The most built boat coming out of these bunches that everyone designed themselves was a center console,second was single side.

out of the thirteen only one did a tiller.He was the nephew of the companies president.He had Lake Assault in Rogers do the interior.It was a 2002 tournament addition to start with and ended up being a outfitterrs hunt and 20 foot boat.

A former employee of the plant built a 17.5 side console ,wy cousin built a 17.5 center ,guide from Roseau did a 20.2 single side etc,

I did a 18.2 with a 27 inch Gille motor bracket for myself and am doing one now for freind of my dads.This combination has a 42 inch tall closed back with a motor pocket and a bracket for outboard.It is powered by a ii5 yamaha and 8 high thust yamaha,both four strokes.

Steering is two hydraulic joy sticks ,one for each motor on top of a pod in front three quarters,andcenter of boat.Also on pod is electric shift for smaller motor,and regular shift for ii5.

You can steer and run controls from 360,diamond plate floor etc.

on mine I built a removable 6 foot long hardtop,4 bolts and its off.I like to fish from top of roof and like to keep side glass off for pu;;ing downriggers .Still plenty of room for fishing,casting for two front and rear,but it is really fun to be on roof and site fish,or bow.

Just because of the length We had to build custom trailers,got greef because on standard trailer back of motors were 3 and half feet behind boat and taillights.

got my package all done ,its neat ,you move either motor your runnins steering shaft 14 and half inches from left to right and its a full turn,much quicker than 3 feet with a tiller.

Boat control is superb as with motor extended off back we can turn a circle and stay on fish one half tighter than if motor were tucked into transom,and 42 inches tall makes it a great chop and wave boat.

Total weight comes in at 2860 with 3 batterys and 2 axle trailer.Built tailer so you see over top of boat in rear view miiror of my light duty suburban.

Top speed is beeter than most boats with 150 to 175 H>P> motors and because of motor set abcks it is always on plane.

Total cost far exceeds anything in the showrooms we all found out.Maybe 25 to 30 percent more.That part sucks,ask my wife.

but we all get what we want.

my new project is a 20 foot 2 inch that was framed up to be a inboard boat .Crestliner and Lund quit building these this year and with the near 48 inch tall back height I figured this would be perfect candidate for 3800 pound boat two outboard motors and twin trailer package.

The boat i fish out of most of the time,Loon two old town kayak with the second seat removed.

If you really want to have fun just let your imagination get involved and tkae your time.I am glad you found your boat to be older ,hopefully cheaper and to your liking.The first couple of boats I modified 30 years ago were the same boat you bought and I did one like it last winter for a guy in town ,your boat is timeless.

Thanks, I've alway's had an attraction to the older boats. I grew up in a boat exactly like what I bought. I have very seriously looked into getting another as a "custom" project. I found exactly they type of boat I was looking for, an 18' Bluefin side console outboard, but the hull had some damage I didn't like. When I was standing in the boat, idea after idea came rushing to me, and I could envision the ideal boat...for me. I liked the idea of getting a newer boat, but it seemed like I was either missing the boat by hours or day's, or I had the knack for finding the not so well taken care of boats. Maybe someday I'll find one and redo it exactly the way I want.